• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

16 mth POST-OP/BYPASS and DRY MOUTH...

emma-louise

my new life!!
Quick question,
16 month post op but always got a dry mouth.
During the night I can wake up needing a drink,so I take my sports bottle to bed.
Wonder if this is something bypassers suffer with?or is it the meds we have to take that can make your mouth dry.
Not worried at all just curious..

I'm only nearly 6 months post bypass but am already keep waking during the night with a dry mouth its horrid, I've started taking a drink to bed with me. I thought I was just not drinking enough but didnt give my tablets a thought, hope someone else long term can help with a suggestion sorry I can't be of more help x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I have had a horrible dry rank mouth ever since I started my pre op I hate it, my tongue is all cracker and horrid in the morning when I wake up, was hoping it will pass but I am not 6 weeks out :(

I just find it odd how my sleep can be intrupted by me being thirsty.
I'm drinking but just dry all the time,hope someone can explain why this may happen.
And if it's a side effect of surgery/medications etc

Other than the vitamins my meds have hardly changed post op from pre op but like you am often waking thirsty with a dry mouth. I'm not sure which wakes me the most the thirst or the toilet run. I assumed as I struggle to drink enough perhaps it's the time my body says hey I need more water to function & I don't care of your asleep I want it now!

penelope1008 said:
Other than the vitamins my meds have hardly changed post op from pre op but like you am often waking thirsty with a dry mouth. I'm not sure which wakes me the most the thirst or the toilet run. I assumed as I struggle to drink enough perhaps it's the time my body says hey I need more water to function & I don't care of your asleep I want it now!

Lol..I'm glad I'm not the only one who wakes from sleeping needing a drink.
I do find it hard to not being to drink a whole glass of juice when thirsty,I really miss it!

I miss drinkin a hole glass at once sooo mch and yh defo wake up at night with a drh mouth and i alway have to keep a bottle nex to me

I also have a dry mouth but just thought it was due to our bodies processing food & drink much faster now we have a shorter intestine thus it not being inside us as long as it used to be. Could be wrong, but it seems logical :D xxx

Back