• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 Week Pre-op Diet starts tomorrow 23/07/12

lastchance-4newme

hi all

i said id start this to see how i go this time !!!!

had a band in 2004 and lost over 11 stone, i had the band removed in july 2011 and regained all the weight. now i am starting again, my gastric band is booked for the 7th Aug and i currently weigh 17st 11lb :(

so fingers crossed that 1 the op goes ahead, there is no reason it shouldnt but i just have a bad feeling that they wont be able to band me again.

and 2 i have the same results as last time, i cant believe how much weight i gained so fast over 7st in the first 6 mts... it has been a hard year.

so tomorrow i start my pre op diet and i am hoping it is all downwards numbers from here!!!

Alexandra x

oh and another thing, i was told to start a low cal diet for the next 2 weeks, but they never said it had to be 1000kcal or milk and yogart like other peoples per op advice????? any ideas??? i was thinking of sticking to slimming world or weight watchers diet for the 2 weeks

I'm having my surgery on the 7th August and have to start the milk diet 10 days before, however I have lost 8st on Slimming world. Really easy to start as well. So that could an option, Lucy

Hi lastchance, I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. I'm interested to know though why did you have the band removed, I thought the idea was to keep it in for life and just have it filled at a maintenance size? Did you consider anythng more permanent this time like a sleeve or plication? Who are you going to for the band, did they not provide you with pre-op diet information?

My port had turned and I stupidly thought I could maintain my weight without a band as I have been a stable weight last 4/5 years. So instead of having a simple op to turn port around I has it removed

Low fat diet is going ok. Think I'll try the milk diet from next week even tho I was only told to do a low fat one just to kick start the weight loss

Back