• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks post op weightloss help please

HoPe*87*

Hi all,
I'm 2 weeks and 4 days post sleeve op now. I have lost 2 stone!! Which don't get me wrong in the slightest I'm happy about :) but just worried it's coming off very quick. I have been ill over the weekend so I think that probably helped the weight off to. I was 16st the day of my op I'm now 14st :) :) I'm just worried that losing so quick could lead to health problems plus I find I'm really aching don't know wot with?? It's also very strange now feeling bones lol also sitting on the loo isn't as comfy :) just wondering is this ok? Has anyone else lost this amount this quick? Found bones? Uncomfortable toilets? Lol lol xxx

Don't worry that is how it went for me too. I am 3and a half weeks post op and down 37 lbs. But I have been at a stand still for about 4 days now. I am working out now my nutritionist says its normal

I've just been worried as it's coming off so quick. I only have another 3/4 stone to go :) I really want to start working out but been told to wait till I'm at least 6 weeks post op to heal properly. I feel really saggy already tho :( xxx

Wow the weight is dropping off! I'm sure it will slow down naturally and find a slower pace but hold off on the exercise until its safe - you don't want to give yourself a hernia x

HoPe*87* said:
I've just been worried as it's coming off so quick. I only have another 3/4 stone to go :) I really want to start working out but been told to wait till I'm at least 6 weeks post op to heal properly. I feel really saggy already tho :( xxx

I am three weeks post op and only lost 16lbs since surgery , I thought mine was coming off to slow but lost total 33lbs with pre op diet

16 lb is great!! Everyone loses at different rates by the sound of it. I was just worried it was tro fast and I had something wrong with aching to. Love ur new pic xx

HoPe*87* said:
16 lb is great!! Everyone loses at different rates by the sound of it. I was just worried it was tro fast and I had something wrong with aching to. Love ur new pic xx

I don't think your losing to fast but you not been well also , I started soft foods now and can't seem to get much down as I did on purée stage , thank you for comment xx how are you doing Hun x

I can not believe you are 2 weeks post op already - reading Ruthie's thread tonight - it seems you have to do what you can in "the golden year" ! Enjoy your bone - but don't do like I did when I lost all my weight - ask one of your colleagues what the lump is in your calf - to be told it's a muscle! Ha ha what a tool and very embarrassed ! xx

OOnion said:
I can not believe you are 2 weeks post op already - reading Ruthie's thread tonight - it seems you have to do what you can in "the golden year" ! Enjoy your bone - but don't do like I did when I lost all my weight - ask one of your colleagues what the lump is in your calf - to be told it's a muscle! Ha ha what a tool and very embarrassed ! xx

I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow!! Yeah I've hear that there's that year window where u have to get it off. Can't wait to het to the gum and swimming. I've also found the toilet isn't comfy anymore Ive got bones in the fatty thing behind me (my bum) lol xx

fab loss! im 8 months post op and 6 1/2 stone. its so slow now like 1lb a week but i dnt care... im 12st 5 and have bones all over! hurts my bum bone to sit for longer than 30 mins. i have hip bones and my hubba reckins i have skelator arms (i dont think i do)

keep up the good work and remember it takes some getting used to ... xx

All I would say is make sure you try to get your protein in, as otherwise you will lose muscle as well as fat. The loss will slow down soon, so make the most of it xxx

Back