• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 years on....

iheartny

Hi guys,

It's been over a year since I last posted on here after having my band for 2 years now.

It's been a rocky road and certainly not at all easy.

I've finally come to accept my journey as a lengthy one and am pleased with what the long term results are going to be.

I just really wanted to post on here as when I first joined there were lots of people in the same position as me and it looks like most of them no longer visit the site- which is a shame as I think it is important to keep visiting and remember why we make the decisions we do in the first place.

Reading through the diary that I did was interesting, it's like listening to another person talking, I'm in a totally different place now!

So, anyway, Im about half way through my weight loss journey, with newly renewed enthusiasm for the future.

My goal is my summer holiday and can't wait to be healthy and not so food obsessed.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and finding my feet again
Xxxx

Last edited:
welcome back :) great to see you have renewed enthusiasm, im sure you'll do great, theres so much support here for you, good luck :) xxx

welcome back. It's great to hear you're enthusiasm. I too have a problem recognising that the first leg of the journey ( the weight loss) is a long one as I'm very impatient. I think this is where the band has advantages over the bypass. You know it will keep on working for you till you reach your goal, whereas it appears that wl with the bypass can stop before we get there. Good luck with the next leg of your weight loss challenge
xx

Hello and thank you for coming back, we need people like you arms here. Good luck on the test of your journey and hopefully we can help you keep that new motivation to get sexy for summer holidays xxx keep posting

Hi there. It's really good to hear about those (including me!) that don't find it easy being banded and don't lose as quick as we expect to.

Sharon x

I know, its hard isn't it! I think people shy away from forums like this due to feeling ashamed of a slower weight loss. I think the main thing is that it is in the right direction, and for me this is a life long change, so what's the rush... Oh apart from my bikini challenge!!! X

I have had a dietician appointment this morning and am just sat waiting for a fill and I think I may be on the right path now. I take too big a mouthful then get stuck then tend to stick with slider foods. I know the band works - its me I have to sort out. I have lost 3 stone since may which is better than a poke in the eye but I was hoping for double that. Hoping for good things in the next month or so.

I agree that it easy to post on here when you are doing well but not so when you are struggling.

Welcome back... I think doesnt matter how far down the line you are its great to pop back now and then to get some much needed support.. and also if you can..give some new banders some much needed advise... i hope some of your old friends do come back and say hi... if not there is a big bunch of new faces here and some new friends to be made xxx

Back