• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd surgiversary.

Yvessa

So here I am two years out. And I have mixed feelings. Relief that I'm still losing, and sadness that I'm not at target. Proud of my achievements, but fearful of regain. But most of the time I am happy and grateful.

Me and my daughter sat together this morning and we wrote a list of all the things we could think of that was good about my weightloss. We ran out of paper! But above all, life is normal.

There was a time just after my op where I didn't imagine ever feeling normal again. or not having to eat and drink on command...but it gets easier. And at the same time it gets harder, because life does go back to normal. The stresses and strains of life do drive you back towards food, and each situation can turn either way. I continue to work on my head and my heart, to try and find better ways of dealing with these situations. Some times I win. Sometimes the old habits win.

Slimming world has been amazing for me. It was something I tried briefly preop, but could eat so much then it didn't work. Now it works very well. I do go to group and the support I get there is just amazing. It makes me feel focused and stops the diet fatigue. And it helps me to stop the guilt based binging as nothing is banned.

I have enormous support, both here and at home, and I cannot begin to thank the people who have been there for me - they know who they are! Every comment, every like, every positive text lifts me up and keeps me going. So a thank you to those people.

I still have 4 stone to healthy BMI. 3 stone to my personal target. I have some loose skin, but no medical issues because of it. I consider myself extremely lucky. I go back to the gym after easter so hopefully can tone some of it.

One thing Frankie said, and I think is so true - this could be any one of you. I am just that bit further out. So dare to dream people.

What a lovely post Yvessa. You have done so well. An inspiration to many of us here x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Happy 2 years you have done so well xx

Congratulations and Happy 2nd Surgiversary, you are a wonderful inspiration:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Happy surgerversary Yves, congratulations, what an achievement, truly inspirational and your right I can but dream xx

congratulations to you, what an amazing achievement and you've done so wonderfully well :)

Beautiful post, by a beautiful, helpful, supportive, fellow WLS buddy - yr journey has been remarkable & will continue to be so...glad to have had a glimpse at yours hun XXX
Happy Surgiversary ;)

Congrats on all you have achieved in the last two years.

You look amazing and you truly are an inspiration xx

Congratulations on your two year surgiversary. You have done brilliantly - you have come such a long way. I can understand your frustration at not being at goal but it took much longer than 2 years to put on the weight. I also think in my case hovering around goal keeps me on my toes and stops me getting too complacent. But I still worry that all the weight will come back on!? The head stuff is crazy. You are such an inspiration and I value the knowledge you have and share. And i can't wait to see the wedding pics!! Sorry I don't post much so it's all in the one post!!!

Happy surgiversary. You are indeed an inspiration to many on this forum, and have taught us it can be done. More importantly you have improved your life and enriched the relationships you have with family and friends x

Back