• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks post op

helen2254

hi everyone im 3 weeks post op still not on solids till 5 weeks my daily meals are:

breakfast porridge
mid morning yoghurt
lunch soup
mid pm tuna mayo
tea mash and veg
water during day

am i eating right im real confused with it all am i getting enough protein am i eating enough please someone give me some advise i very fed up with it all.
i lost 2 stone since beginning of my pre op and im at halt now dont know why ?

help please !!! :sigh:

ah thanks when did u have your surgery, what other snack protein would u reccomend i dont feel enough hours in day to eat wait then drink then wait then eat etc any ideas would be great x

What you're eating sounds fine to me. What type of surgery did you have?
The weight will not come off at the same speed every week / all the time. There will be weeks where you won't lose and then it will pick up again. This is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. If I can give you one piece of advice, it is to stay away from the scales at first. I know it's tempting, and everybody does it, but it can drive you potty when the numbers don't move.
You're doing well, you need to let your body heal itself and be gentle and don't stress over anything. Keep calm and carry on ... ;-)

Helen your food intake is just fine. Fluid wise if you throw a bit of milk into your liquids that will up your protein a treat...

As for the weight stopping? You are 3 weeks post op, you are going to have stalls all through your journey, it's part and parcel for most people. It's how you handle it that matters the most. There is no good beating yourself up about it, your body is the boss not your heart :). Honestly, follow the plan, do the exercise when you get clearance from your consultant and you will reap the results :)

Good luck girl xx

ps, don't be jumping on the scales every day, thats the quick route to disappointment and depression xx

hi julie
thanks for your comments i thought id been doing it all wrong, ive just had mash broccoli cheese and sweede all mushed up for tea it was yummy
at least you think im getting enough im really trying x

Hi Helen

I'm pre-op so don't know but am guessing tha we spend x-amount of years learning/knowing what a healthy diet is (not that I've ever followed it!). All of a sudden we have to unlearn everything we've learnt and start all over again.

I'm guessing it's unnerving and confusing. So I'm sure I'll be posting the same post as you - or similar - once I have my op xx

I'm three weeks post op too. Today I've had:

milky coffee for breakfast,

half a can of oxtail soup

2 spoons of mash with grated cheese mixed in and some gravy.

one low fat chocolate mousse.

I have two meals left for the day which will probably be a milky coffee and maybe a dairy lea cheese triangle.

sounds about same as what im havinb i had mash cheesey broccoli and sweede last night eat far too much felt really ill
i think my weight loss has come to a halt has yours ?

the last few days my scales have stuck at 18 stone 9lbs but I'm due my period soon so that may account for it. However I'm definitely losing inches as my clothes are looser. I plan not to go on the scales again now for a full week.

Back