• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days post op

terrybee

I had my gastric by- pass at Spire Manchester Saturday afternoon, performed by the incredible Mr Ammori, returned home to Blackpool yesterday. I am pain free, except for the stockings, they hurt my legs below the knee. I feel bloated and still a lot of wind rolling about.
I was quite fearfull about having it done, but now its over, just looking at losing the weight;)

Yippee your on the loosing side now cant wait to join you :)

Take it easy but keep your self moving around and you will be better in no time...have a great day XX

I'm 4 days in on my pre op diet, my op is on 30th on monday at Nuffield Hospital in Leeds.
I cannot wait, a little nervous, but to be expected.

What shall i take into hospital with me? I wanna be prepared!

congratulations terry, im glad the op went smoothly for you, take it easy for a while.

ps. we all hate the sexy stocking we get issued with they are awfull lol :D

Hi Terry, congrats on the surgery! You probably will be shocked but I kept my stockings & used them for my trip to and from the USA! They were hell when I was first home from the hopsital, so itchy & tight but now I don't mind them since they keep my travel-induced ankle swelling down.

Take it easy hun & you will be feeling wonderful soon. The bloat & wind will disappear soon enough. Do make sure you get up & out of bed every couple of hours, it really helps the wind escape.

Nic:p

Hi chick glad your home safe and well...hoping to organise a meet up in Preston notice your not far away so if you want to come along feel free...it will be some weeks off yet but will keep you posted...take it easy for now and the stockings will soon be off...I was told you could take them off for a good half hour to give your legs chance to breathe and I ditched mine when they started giving me a rash lol..xx

LOL mine came off before i left the hospital, and stayed off, however i will don the pair Jonah has bought on wendesday night and listen to compo comments all night

Glad it going ok for you. Good luck

Ali

Back