• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 day pouch test

salski

Im struggling a little with eating the right amount, the right foods and eating crap! So Im thinking of doing the 5 day pouch test. Ive done it previously and it really helped me sort my head out.
I will keep you posted when I decided which day to start it :)

Sally

Im struggling a little with eating the right amount, the right foods and eating crap! So Im thinking of doing the 5 day pouch test. Ive done it previously and it really helped me sort my head out.
I will keep you posted when I decided which day to start it :)

Sally

look forward to hearing of your experience Sally :)

Never heard of it. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

If you google 5 day pouch test it takes you to a website explaining what it is and the benefits etc.

Thanks for all your good luck wishes. I think it might be Tuesday I start as I am at a wedding on Monday :)

If you want someone to do it with sal im up for it but cant start till wednesday as my daughters birthday tuesday and going for a harvester!

hiya sal i'd like to do 5 day pouch test too, as you know i've been struggling for sometime now, the problem is i'm a bit worried i won't be able to stick to it :sigh:, am off to read up on it now hun to see if i will be able to start with you on Tuesday :)

I am considering doing it as well, however i want to wait until after i see my dr Tues morning) and hopefully get my thyroid function test done as i believe i am overmedicated.

Currently i am eating lots of crap ie bags of haribo (large ones) biscuits ect. Eating larger and larger amounts to the point i feel i am snacking almost constantly when i know i probably am not. Not putting weight on, not losing i am looking for high, fast energy foods as i am tired all the time. Other than that i am pacing/restless constantly and unable to sleep more than 4-4.5 hours a day and then still waking up half a dozen times during that period.

All i can say is roll on tuesday i need this sorted

PS the pouch test link is in phatgirls sticky on getting back to basics for those who have gone off track

Good luck everyone. Not so much with the five day pouch test but with getting any issues you are having sorted out.

Its intresting as i said to phatgirl only a couple of weeks ago that having been back on liquids for 2 weeks because of the pain i had been in i was amaised at how little solid food i could eat when i did have something. Now i didnt feel that i was eating a lot and certainly never ate to restriction but i had a sharp reminder about how my bypass works. Still mainly on liquids but had a shish kebab the other night and managed 3 pieces of lamb a tablespoon of salad and 1/4 pitta bread.

heres to continuing sucess for all of you
carole

it would be fab if those of you doing the 5DPT could keep a kind of joint diary so others can follow your progress.

Good luck to all x

If there are a few of us that do this it would be great to all do the same menu and as john and sam say we can help eachother and tell others of our experience!

By the way i know its a sticky but cant find it...help!

Well Im sure we could all start the test at some point this week and I am really up for supporting each other. I read the site thoroughly last night and the best advice was....its 5 days! Anyone can do 5 days! 5 days is soooo little time.
The first 2 days will be the hardest, but I remember last time doing it that you never feel hungry!

Shaz - so what if veer off track a little - just start again the next day - and its only 5 days so Im sure you can do it!

Di - I hope you can medication sorted, or at least a few answers form doc...keep us posted on how you get on.

Lisa - issy wissy lets get busy!

I will be starting in Tuesday so in effect guys Im going first! I shall post religiously about exactly what I am having to help anyone out!

Lots of protein shakes for me to keep hunger at bay, plenty of liquids and plenty of soups! - IT WILL BE EASY! Head is in gear and bum is in gear :)

GL Guys

On another note - Am I OK to post the link Sam?

Scrap me last thread! My fella has just reminded me Im in prison all day Tuesday so I wont be able to take my own food in! They only serve typical canteen food so I will have to begin Wednesday!

Sorry to be a pain x

Check this out.....:)

[YOUTUBE]W0KitGTBeng[/YOUTUBE]

I watched it on the tube as it wouldnt let me watch it here. V good though Kim thanks duck x

Wednesday suits me sal, thanx for link xxx

Back