• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice please just had the marina coil fitted

kee28

i have just been reading up on the net about so many ppl saying about how much weight they have gained since having it which is freaking e out as i have a gastric band and want to lse weight not put it on ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont know if my doc will tk it out as i only had it fitted 2 day he didnt tell me bout the side affects what shall i do i did have the pill injecion agas a go and went from 8stone to 12 stone in a year so i hope this coil is not the same

i have one. havent put on any weight xx

Hi Kee, I have'nt got one but I'm sure there was a thread on here not so long ago and I don't think the weight gain was an issue. I even considered having one myself because of my horrid monthly's lol. Try and find the thread and I'll have a look too and then see what you think from the opinions of other mini'sxx

You shouldn't get weight gain with this type of coil as the hormone released is localised.

Why don't you ring the family planning department (which should be called the family avoiding I think) at your hospital and ask a nurse for advice.

Rx

Hi Kee, I have'nt got one but I'm sure there was a thread on here not so long ago and I don't think the weight gain was an issue. I even considered having one myself because of my horrid monthly's lol. Try and find the thread and I'll have a look too and then see what you think from the opinions of other mini'sxx
yeah the thread was mine wouldnt know how to find it though x

Hi Kee,

I am on my 2nd mirena coil as i am not sure if you are aware but they should be changed after 5 yrs ,but i cant say whether i did or didnt put weight on because of it ,what you have to consider is that they say you can put weight on with the pill oraly or with the injection

The bonus is No periods :D:D:D...

If you have the coil fitted and monitor yourself for a few months and notice you are putting weight on you can always go and have it removed .

Good Luck

xxx

thanks every one for ur help im waiting for me doc to ring me bk so i can ask him lol its just that when i was 17 i had the pill injection and went from 8st to 12 stone in a year due to the hormon thing they inject in ur bum hehe so that was what is worring me and all u hear is neg things about it i think im gona give it a go and see how i gt on with it

Hi there

Sorry to hijack this thread but can someone tell me if it is painful to have the coil fitted? Nave not had children if that makes a difference.

H
aparently more painful if youve had no kids. i found wasnt really painful,bit uncomfy. you get like a period pain as they put it in. mines been up down for like six months but now i wouldnt be without it.

Back