• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I being silly!!!

ebony87

I'm seeking some kind of assurance, as I have been feeling presty low and tearful this last few day.. Am 9 days or so post op...I feel completly deflated.. Under normal circumstances, prior to the op.. I would get my comfort food which made me feel a little better.. But finding a replacement for my confort food is another issue...am a little fed up..
Love Bee..xxx

I think post-op blues is quite common honey. Part of it is (I'm told) hormones which were stored in the fat, being released as the fat is burnt off. Part will be to do with anaesthetic, part with anti-climax.
And yes, not having your customary comfort remedy to hand is an issue. You may go through a grieving process for food. I certainly did.
It got much better though. I can honestly say I don't miss comfort eating at all now.
Keep talking about it pet.
Hugs
Grace xxx

Awwe I hope you feel more cheerful soon here is a big virtual hug which I hope helps :gen126:

You are doing great and it is such early days. And here is another just to make sure! :gen126:

I agree this is pretty normal for post op....I had quite a few weepy days early on after my op :D Dont worry XX

Hiya Hun when your feeling a liitle bit down y don't ya take a hot bubble bath instead of reaching for food or moisurise your body, little treats like that mite do you the world of good and take ya Mind of the food that ya can't have xxxxx hope ya feel better soon xxxxx

To me it felt like I was grieving for my past food life and knowing that I couldn't turn to food again was really upsetting. You need to develop new coping mechanisms and only you can develop them yourself. Like the others said, treat yourself to a bubble bath or a new present or something to distract you from your feelings.

I felt like this for the first 2 months as it took that long to adjust to my new pouch and my life surrounding that new pouch.

Hope you feel better soon. xx

Hugs,glad you share though cos people waiting for wls will understand better if it happens to us.

Aaw Bee - I know it is really hard after your op to feel enthusiastic about things; and you`re bound to feel a bit low at the moment. :cry:

But take heart babe - just look to the future and take comfort that in a few months when you have drop a few dress sizes, you will be able to fit into some exciting new clothes and have a whole new outlook on life! :party0011:

These dreary winter days don`t help and you need to focus on something to look forward to.....perhaps a holiday in the months to come, or something lovely to wear for a special occasion. And if you can`t do that make it more low key and plan to do something good in the spring when the weather is kinder and you are feeling better. :character00255:

Sending you huge hugs :grouphugg: and hope you are feeling a lot brighter real soon hun xx

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

As the others have said hun what you are feeling is all part of this very long roller coaster we put ourselves on. There are dips and peaks all the way and especially in the early days there are tears built in. I personally found the first 6 to 8 weeks emotionally hard, craving foods that i knew I couldn't eat and at that point thought I would never eat again. As the days turn into weeks and your confidence builds as far as eating goes you will become less weepy and you will soon be out there holding your head up very high. Sending you a huge hug in the meantime for better days xxx

Aww.. Thanks everybody.. I feel a lot more better with your encouraging words as well as past exiprences... I anm certainly trying to focus more on the future outcome of my procedure.. Thanks again..
The road seems long but I'll get there..
Love Bee...xxxxxxxxx

Hi Bee,
Thinking of you and do hope you are feeling much better' very soon.
I can relate to what you are saying... and it's certainly a rollercoaster ride... take things steady and look forward to the many benefits you will feel longer term...
Rest and relax precious.
Love and hugs xxx

Post op blues baby - gets us all at somepoint!
Keep the fluid intake up, maybe go for a walk, keep posting and it will get better xxx

I was like this too - it felt like the end of the world, it lasted for a couple of weeks, but soon started to pick up and feel really good. I've read many posts like this, so I think its quite common.

All the best xxx

I cryed because i thought i would never be able to eat cake again, but i can have one teaspoon of cake and i am happy with that

I'm very fortunate in that i've not suffered with the post op blues so can't really advise re that. But something to keep your mind of food etc is to get on here and starting looking at 'normal' websites with clothes on. It's nice to see what you would 'like' to wear rather than what would fit you. Maybe compile yourself a little saved album of some of the things you would like to buy and maybe start putting some of the money you'll save from food shopping towards your first treat... It's nice to have something to look forward too.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Hi there
Sorry you are feeling a bit down but I think we try to put everything down to weight when we have had this weight problem. If you talk to a lot of people they are miserable at the moment - Xmas is over, weather is dull, credit card bills are due etc so you may have been having some of these feelings anyway with or without the surgery
Try to focus on happy things!
loads of love
Jo XX

Back