• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another NOOOOO

clairyb

I have received a letter from the Individual Funding Request Panel ( My doctor di d that for me) and its no again, Im gutted. Apparently Im am not high risk enough and not enough exceptional clinical need.....aagggghhhhrrrrrr. I am 47 and have sleep apnoea and drive for a living. In my books that qualifies according to their guidelines! Im not sure what to do....keep fighting? It is so soul destroying when you know that life as it is is going to get more painfull to walk, sleep etc etc, It is interferrieng with my work really, it makes it difficult. Ive been struggling with depression and this is making matters worse, I am thinking of going back on the tablets. :cry:
Any advice for what I can possibly do? Cheers!

I didnt want to read and leave but I don't really have much advice other than to keep fighting the decision if you feel like it's the wrong one.
I had a band and went private... Not that I could afford it (had to get a loan over 3 years!) .... Would getting a loan and going private be an option for you? If your life is suffering as much as you say, then it would be worth every penny - that was my reasoning anyway.
Hope you get things sorted. I know how much our weight problems can get us down. Xx

i hear ya clairy!! im the same, just waiting for my rejection letter :(

Caren, PLEASE stop saying that!!!!! positive thoughts can lead to positive actions. I am one of many people wishing you luck!

Claire, please keep trying if it is what you really want - the depression caused by weight and its effects can be another factor towards the need for surgery. Have a quick cry, smash something small and worthless - then come out fighting for the appeal x good luck

Caren, PLEASE stop saying that!!!!! positive thoughts can lead to positive actions. I am one of many people wishing you luck!

Claire, please keep trying if it is what you really want - the depression caused by weight and its effects can be another factor towards the need for surgery. Have a quick cry, smash something small and worthless - then come out fighting for the appeal x good luck
thanks Dinda, but im just being realistic lol xxx

The last time you were turned down you were not a confirmed hose head Caren (yes, I know Clairyb seems to be in a similar position but she is in a different area, so you never know)
There is a fine line between being realistic and being pessimistic. Keep going and you will get there somehow.

The last time you were turned down you were not a confirmed hose head Caren (yes, I know Clairyb seems to be in a similar position but she is in a different area, so you never know)
There is a fine line between being realistic and being pessimistic. Keep going and you will get there somehow.
im doing my best lol the criteria for my pct is severe sleep apnoea, and mine is mild, and apparently they are strict, so im hoping, but not holding my breath lol :D xxx

Caren....same here with the sleep apneoa, just having it isnt good enough so it seems, it has to be severe!! Im hoping that because I drive coaches and NEED to wear the mask to keep my licence that might help, maybe clutching at straws I feel though. It is hard to be positive in this situation isnt it!

Thanks for that too bellydancer......very interesting and helpful!

It is hard to be positive in this situation isnt it!

You must be so disappointed! Take a deep breath and fight on - there's a few people on here who've had their op after being turned down more than once initially.

Stay positive and you will attract positive things x

Gosh - seems to be a lot of funding being refused at the moment. (not great, as I am waiting to hear too!)
Stay strong - appeal if you can.
Good Luck!
SN

So sorry you got refused, keep positive and YES keep fighting, you know you are entitled to it so keep on, keep moving forward with your head up and hopefully some day soon ~ you will be listened to. Have faith

Keep fighting for it and good luck Pauline x

chin up and keep thinging positive. It took me 18 months of no's to get my yes but I am there now so you can be too.

Emma xx

My MSP is currently asking them for advice for me as I was rejected because my BMI is under 60. I absolutely recommend that you get in touch with your local MP (or MSP if your in Scotland). The view point my MSP took is that if I lived in Glasgow I would get help. So If I meet the national guidelines, my NHS has to explain themselves for not using national guidelines.

The best thing about this is that IF our MP's get anywhere with this then the rules will have to be changed. They can force this through. And if they do it wont just help you or me. It will help EVERYONE!

So get in touch with your MP. Fight this. Don't let stupid NHS guidelines win.

Thanks Kylie.....I am very naive with some things....how do you get intouch with your MP? Do you ring, or email? I havent got a clue where to start? How did you go about it if you dont mind me picking your brains?.......Thanks x

I googled to find an e-mail address! haha I'm not even sure which party she is with to be honest lol

Then she (well her assistant) sent me an e-mail back asking for my address and confirming that she is looking into it. About a week letter I got a letter from my MSP with a letter attached that she sent to the NHS Trust issuing a complaint on my behalf. Shortly after I got a letter from the NHS Trust asking me to sign a consent form to allow the MSP to see any relating pieces of my medical history as they will reply to both her and me they need to have that permission so as not to break confidentiality rules.

Now I'm just waiting.

Back