• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any ideas other than SOUP!

L0ckerz

As anyone got any other ideas than cuppa soup on the liquid stage? All iv eaten since my op is cuppa soup, sugar free squash and apple juice .. And to be quiet honest the thought of another cuppa soup makes me wanna throw myself out my bedroom window lol! So ideas would be greatly received ! :) xxx

I took a craving for cream o tomato soup! I was told you can eat anything u can pass through a sieve x

its only been a couple days for me since op. but im the same with the soup thing. . ive been using complan. milkshakes, . and weetabix is going down well. providing its pretty thinnish..i found it very filling. . also abit mashed potatoe thats been mashed finely with plenty of milk etc

How about a yoghurt thinned down with a little Milk. x x

Very milky ready brek,weetabix,yoghurt,ice lollies,mash and gravy slop!Suck some smooth peanut butter off a spoon.

Low fat custard and low fat milkshake are my favs on the liquid stage..I know how u feel about soup tho I hate the sight of it now,I'm also bk on the liquid stage after another fill :( hate this stage!x

I wouldn't recommend mash or peanut butter tho no matter how smooth or watery it is,its not a liquid and ur stomach may not be ready for it just yet..just think of it this way,this stage will be over before u know it,its all worth it x

tracyt84 said:
I wouldn't recommend mash or peanut butter tho no matter how smooth or watery it is,its not a liquid and ur stomach may not be ready for it just yet..just think of it this way,this stage will be over before u know it,its all worth it x

I agree mash and peanut butter arnt liquids so I'll wait for those, only another week and a day until mush ! Horray! Xxx

Start making your own soups Emma, I just eating some homemade mushroom soup, have also made chicken soup and also carrot and coriander........much tastier than a 'cup of soup', my family will eat them too (so long as they can dunk a wedge of crusty bread in it) If you don't have a liquidiser you can buy soup blenders for not much more than a tenner x

caroline4013 said:
Start making your own soups Emma, I just eating some homemade mushroom soup, have also made chicken soup and also carrot and coriander........much tastier than a 'cup of soup', my family will eat them too (so long as they can dunk a wedge of crusty bread in it) If you don't have a liquidiser you can buy soup blenders for not much more than a tenner x

I do have a liquidizer. Does it blend the chicken enough ? Xx

I used 4 chicken breasts, 4 chicken stock cubes, 3 carrots, 1 onion, i potato, couple of bay leaves and some black pepper all chopped up put in a large pan covered with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20/25 mins then liquidised.........oh and also added a tin of sweetcorn ..........gorgeous!!! It makes loads so I've frozen a batch of it too x

Milky coffees milky hot chocolates etc got me through! I'm 9mth out but even now the thought of soup...blurgh :)

What about protein shakes?works out costly at £1.99 per can but one of those a day would really boost your progress in these early days, and I love the chocolate one which I still have now as a 'treat' :)

I wish I liked them Jo but I hate milkshakes .. How long did it take for you to get to target, how much have you lost? What kind of things were you eating after you were back on normal
Food? I have a dietician app on the 5th of aug so I'm sure they'll tell me all then but just curious? Xx

yoghurts are fine for liquid stage, bovril, milkshakes

L0ckerz said:
I wish I liked them Jo but I hate milkshakes .. How long did it take for you to get to target, how much have you lost? What kind of things were you eating after you were back on normal
Food? I have a dietician app on the 5th of aug so I'm sure they'll tell me all then but just curious? Xx

No probs.....I got the bulk off in 6mth then spent the last 3mth getting that final bit off. Hit goal 4week ago now (I think)! Lost In total give or take 1lb....7stone. Food wise I'll be honest, I've focused on protein....a chicken a day lol and really tried to cut carbs....never had potato, rice or pasta in the 9mth purely as they slow the losses so my meals didn't resemble normal meals but were full of protein....packs of chicken at lunch...tin of tuna with a babybel light for dinner (no bread either)...odd but I wanted results! And quick! Exercised daily, bought a treadmill and built up speed and distance over time until I was then ready to brace my local country park! All I'll say is, if I didn't exercise much, particularly when half way thru it slowed the losses. That being said I had a treat too, just to keep me sane so I allowed myself a freddo frog or curly wurly 3 times a week! Still love my chocolate! :(. I then stalled around 7mth so joined weight watchers and the shake up of my eating plan got me that last lot if weight off, hitting goal....but wasn't without hard work. Guess just depends if you want to be as radical, or take a more normal approach....I just wanted quick so thought blast it n get it off lol x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Apple sauce and custard? Waitrose do some yummy custard yogurts as a change (high calories but that's ok when you're at his stage!!!)

Hi, I am at the same stage and have been making soups. Did a fish soup yesterday was yummy. I blitz and then seive it. I really enjoyed cooking it though, it felt like a normal routine again as I love to cook. hang in there we have the pureed stage to go through next yeppeee.. baby food..yum yum.. hows the weight loss?? I am having a good weight loss at the minute.

Back