• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any OH's Overweight ?

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
I was lay in bed last night and my mind was spinning and I was over thinking and I got to thinking what it woudl be like if my hubby was overweight.
I have been with him 14 years and he has always been thin he was around 9 stone all those years ago and a boxer and is now 10 stone 7 (all the bloody time)
well last night he was sat eating his tea, kung po pork, rice chips and prawn crackers and 2 glasses of coke, I didnt have tea as I wasnt hungry and thats probably where my thoughts came from oh and fat families. Well back on with original post I just wondered if your other halfs were overweight or thin or "normal" and how motivated they are about their weight ?

x
Helen
(God I need a job)

my O/H was slim when i met him but was overweight before that, now hes fat again and he doesnt care lol

My OH has probably put on a couple of stone over the last few years since his job has become less physical. He plans on losing it this year by eating more healthily with me and by exercising with me, going on walks using the Wii fit etc. I think this is more down to the fact that he wants to support me rather than being bothered about his bit of excess weight.

My OH used to be skinny until he left the army! all exercise stopped but the level of drinking continued.

He was very big when we first got together but over the last few years he has yo yo'ed and is now seeing a dietician and endocrynologist to potentially have WLS.

My other half is 12 stone, and she is on a strict healthy eating regime for 2 reasons.

1. to support me
2. to sheds some pounds and feel healthier

she has lost 6 pounds in the last month, so she is doing well. :)

My Loveliness....

Jan-1.jpg

aww how lovely of her x she looks fab by the way

My other half, is skinny, tall.. and im not jealous at all that he can eat and drink himself stupid and still put no weight on!:jelous:

So yeah, we've been together 5 years and he hasnt changed one bit, but i have.. gutting!! ha ha..

Marie x

My OH is 6ft 5 and 28 stone. We have been together 19 years and he has always been heavy but this is the highest weight he has been. He has just spoken to our GP about wls but i'm not sure he really wants it. He has never been bothered about what people think of him and shrugs it all off. Funny since i had surgery i find myself worrying about his weight now xx

My hubby is one of those people who can eat what they want and never put weight on... at least I think he is
HOWEVER
He can eat his tea at 5pm and have nothing else til brekkie the next day. (I would class this as just plain weird).
Bless him, he really doesn't understand how my head works with relation to food but he tries his best.
Can't imagine him overweight! He's seen me size 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24!

My o/h is of average build and over the years has ate the same kinds/amounts of food as me difference is he never weighs over 12.4

well when i met my OH he was just under 13 stone, and had been thin all his life, but he gave up smoking about 3 years ago, and has gone upto 17 stone, hes worried that when i have my op and lose weight, i might not want him as he is fat. he does try to diet but his job doesnt help him, as hes a bus driver. he hates how big he has got . but i love him no matter what size he is ..... he also doesnt eat that much he never eats breakfast and only eats what i pack him up which is not a lot, and then has his tea at night so i really dont know why hes put so much on.. his lunch is 2 slices of nimble brown with salad and ham, apple, yogurt low fat, and 1 pack of crisps, then tea is normally not to fattening either, so i guess its just coz he doesnt move to much now .

hi all when i was waiting for my bypass my hubby went to gp to ask about him having bypass he was 24 stone then but becuase he is 5ft 11 he didnt qualify and gp told him to put 2 stone on and come back. How awfull is that?
Anyway in may last year he joined slimming world and to date had lost 6 stone got his award this week.
So proud of him doing it on his own. Between us we have lost 11.5 stone
:p

hi all when i was waiting for my bypass my hubby went to gp to ask about him having bypass he was 24 stone then but becuase he is 5ft 11 he didnt qualify and gp told him to put 2 stone on and come back. How awfull is that?
Anyway in may last year he joined slimming world and to date had lost 6 stone got his award this week.
So proud of him doing it on his own. Between us we have lost 11.5 stone
:p
Wow, top bloke for doing that. Gp is a numpty!!!

You can see in my piccies that Mr Cuppa is slim, he weighs 11 1/2 stone. That said he does have a lil bit of a beer belly and other than his work which is fairly manual he does no exercise so I do nag him, bless him! He was 15 stone when we got together but I definately prefer him at 11 stone. Just my personal preference and of course I'd still love him if his weight went up again. My three kiddies are all a 'normal' weight too, they are all very energetic and my 12 year old is already a member at the local gym and goes twice a week.

Cuppa xx

Chucky that is brilliant he has done fab.
horrid doctor though but that what the nhs has made it like x

my husband is a bit too thin really, he yo-yo'd during our marriage, and once hit 15-10, which is just not too good as he is only 5ft 7ins. He was ashamed of himself and put himself on a diet. Lost over 5 stone basically through keeping a food diary, cutting down and running....lots and lots of running. He is a fitness freak (even doing the tough guy challenge this weekend). He is a bit gaunt looking, and keeps his weight around 10 stone 5 to 10 stone 8. I keep telling him, I should weigh what he does and he should weigh what I do...30 years of marriage and still in love with eachother tho.....
mnl:)

There is a full foot in height between me and my OH; and at my heaviest there was 11 stone between us too! He is and always has weighed 10 Stone 7Lbs! His BMI is 17! So you can all imagine how much bigger I always looked stood next to him! Strange thing is: he has always eaten exactly the same (if not more) than me!

Steph x

My OH wants to lose 4 1/2 stone, not sure how badly he wants it but he does... He's just been diagnosed with sleep apnoea (today) and is hoping if he shifts some weight then it may help that...

But hey, i love him whatever he weighs. I never fell in love with his body, i fell in love with his personality and the wicked twinkle in his eyes :)

Back