• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any One on The Liver reduction diet over Christmas?

I also am on the liver diet over xmas and have been on it since the 9th Dec.
My op is on the 9th Jan.
I find the the low ft low carb diet ok as no hunger pains at all despite hubby buys little nick nacks for xmas. The only think with the diet I find hardest is my liquid intake as hate plain tap water ( council pop , hence I brought bottle flavour water today.

Im not keen on tap water either. Im gonna try flavoured water now. Im having NAS squash. I dont drink hot drinks, so trying to drink as much as possible.

I'm not keen on nas squash but found one that I like vimto I have been having 2 glasses of that a day and around 10 cups of tea lol. I was never a fizzy pop drinker and have always had tea. Day 4 over and done with and now half way through day 5, hunger pangs have kicked in as soon as I got up but my stomach has definitely deflated :) so worth it, keep up the good work everyone. X x x

HI, i too am on pre-op over xmas and new year! timing eh!! i love to cook as well as eat, so gave myself a target of 10lb loss by the 25th and the reward was a modified but still indulgent dinner. this morning ( day 5)..11lb off! so homemade butternut squash soup ( no croutons). prawn cocktail, (no bread and butter) lots of veg ( 1 roastie) turkey/beef and a spoonful of stuffing. and if i still have room, sugerfree jelly trifle. also to drink - 1 bottle of white wine and 4 litres of soda water!!! so it lasts all day and night!! i then have until 19th jan to lose more

Hun i think you will be ok on Xmas day, just try and stick to low fat stuff.. and maybe instead of having rast potatoes for dinner have a couple of boiled potatos or a jacket. use low fat gravy ie bovril.... desert you can get low sugar custard/ trifle/ rice pudding.... enjoy your xmas day... just avoid the sweet stuff x thats my advise... but give your dietician a call and see what they say.... if its any consolation i thought i was on soft foods from today but been told i got to wait until next friday.. so my food is gonna be pureed lol xx

Back