• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

back from my appointment!

cancerian02

well, i am back from my triple appointment and what an interesting day. i saw a lovely pysch who asked me lots of personal questions about my childhood and food. then moving to my teens and basically it was more about my relationship with food and why i wanted to have surgery now.
then i saw the nurse. she weighed me (shock/horror):eek:, i had put on 9lbs since my first appointment. need to lose 5% of body weight and told me all i needed to know about the different ops. she told me i had to start my milk diet today, but dietician said in a couple of days to give me time to buy what i needed. so on friday, i will start my milk journey. so, goodbye to the bad foods that made me this way. i will never forgive you!!:wave_cry:

hiya hun, how long are you on a milk diet for and is it just milk, so i know xx

Good luck xx

Good luck with your pre op diet. I hope it goes well for you.

Is there anything else you can have other than milk and how long have you been told to be on this diet for?

:confused:

thanks for your replies everyone.
well i've been given 5 weeks to lose 5% of my weight.
the diet consists of: 6 pints of semi skimmed milk per day, couple of litres of liquids i.e tea, coffee, water.
sugar free jelly, sugar free crusha, sugar free squash and bovril for the salt. and that is it!!:cry:eek:h and im allowed sugar free gum. yum!!
but of course it's all part and parcel of a new me.

thanks for your replies everyone.
well i've been given 5 weeks to lose 5% of my weight.
the diet consists of: 6 pints of semi skimmed milk per day, couple of litres of liquids i.e tea, coffee, water.
sugar free jelly, sugar free crusha, sugar free squash and bovril for the salt. and that is it!!:cry:eek:h and im allowed sugar free gum. yum!!
but of course it's all part and parcel of a new me.

So you can make your milk up into milk shakes with the crusha then? Sounds very drastic for any length of time but it will be all worth it and its only a short time in the scheme of things. (somebody remind me of this when I get to this same stage lol!)

Stay strong and good luck xx

I take it you must be at L&D.

I did this for 4 weeks and was on 5 pints a day, and after four weeks I lost 7.3% so you will be able to do it.

Use some milk in the jelly and make a milky jelly, use it to make milky coffees. Have hot milk before you go to bed, and crusha to flavour it.

The more water you drink as well, the better your weight loss gets.

Be warned you will be peeing for england for the first few days lol but its so worth it and the guys there are so nice and helpful.

I am just 1.5 lb away from losing 4 stone now, and I dont even have an date for my operation date yet.

Back