• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band op postponed for 2 months! :-(

Baileyamber

Hi Guys,

Sorry ive not been on for a bit but ive been going through an emotional rollercoaster - due to financial issues I have had to postpone my Op until the 30th April. I know that doesnt sound like long away but being informed of this on day 1 of my milk diet (and after being mentally prepared) it hit me like a ton of bricks :( . Been feeling pretty rubbish since and have gone back to my old eating habits.

I'm now getting my head around it though and am trying to bounce back - as i dont want to keep gaining in these next 2 months and would like to lose a bit of weight, can anyone recommend a healthy sensible diet to follow? Im not keen on ww and dont want to eat all the carbs that come with sw, was thinking of slimfast??

P.s In the space of 3 months i have gained 2 stones and cannot beleive how they have affected me - seriously i feel like a whale and am getting out of breath etc... so easily. I did a couple of hours housework and had a bad back afterwards, i feel about 80 years old and REALLY need to start losing now, even if i could lose 2 stone before my band ill still be 6 stone overweight :(

Thanks for reading xxx

im sorry to hear you have longer to wait _ with regards to diet I would suggest moving over to what you will be doing post band in terms of limiting cals and focussing on a higher protein diet.

I've had my band 6 months now but it is only in the past week after a recent fill that I have some restriction. During those 6 months I've been following a 1100 cals diet with min 80g protein and max 70g carbs a day even tho I could eat what I wanted and in what quantity, following that plan I've lost 7 stones!

If you can start thinking of what how an when to eat I will help when that band is in place, slowing down the eating, making healthier choices, focus on the protein and getting under way with exercise will all stand you in good stead. Also if you limit carbs it will also help for you pre-op too :)

Back