• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bandit to bypasser!!

mrssaggs

Hi there im new here so hello !! I've had a turbulent four years since I had my band fitted at kings in London !! Long story but the short version is as follows ! Banded in 2010 and 2 years went fab lost loads of weight and became healthier and fitter and then noticed I had no restriction so appointment after appointment later I had to have my port changed as there was a hole in it and it needed fixing so had that sorted and then found 3 months later my port had flipped over so now I am having the bypass (should have done that in first place) transfer ed to chichester in September and I'm going to see the Bariatric team on 12th dec to see if I can have it done ! So very excited I can't wait ! Finally after much stress and problems I can carry on my weight loss journey! Anyone else going on 12th dec ? Love lox wood centre everyone is so nice and supportive there

Hi, I'm also converting from band to bypass. On pre op diet now, op next thurs!
Had band 2010 but for last 18mths have had problems with cough, vomiting, loss of voice, asthma symptoms, choking on eating or drinking. It's silent reflux cos of band so surgeon advised needs to come out! I had lost 5 st and dropped 5 dress sizes button back up as I've had to change my diet - normal consistency foods made coughing, choking worse and couldn't eat without regurgitating. So eating stodgy foods has had a reduced impact on symptoms but put weight on!
Can't wait for it to get sorted now

Back