• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banished to the forum wilderness ?

Loving the Loop

So it appears I must post some really boring threads on here, I went looking for one of my old threads earlier in the General Surgery Weight Loss Discussion Forum where I started it and couldn't find it.
It seems all my threads have been moved to Other WLS Procedure Forum which no one visits and they will never be seen, as is obvious by the dates on the other older threads no one goes there.

Well the Message is received and understood, if you don't want anyone to see my obviously dull observations by banishing me to the forum wilderness, I'll just stop posting and trying to generate some lively discussion, there's no point posting if no one see's your threads.

Don't go Loop, I love reading your posts :(

Oh dear loop, I don't know why your threads have been moved but it looks like me to some sort of mistake as they don't fit in with other threads in that part of the forum. Maybe someone somewhere just clicked the wrong button.

I read all of your posts, and you're one of the forum members that I enjoy reading the most. If you start a thread I'll go out of my way to read it as I know it'll be interesting! Please don't stop posting as there's a good chance this is cock up rather than conspiracy and I for one would really miss you :)

Potter x

It was me!

I was doing a bit of 'housekeeping' and moved them as the general section is for pre oppers:

"Considering surgical weight loss? Don't know which one to choose? Talk to other members in here."

Not to banish you. More than happy to move them elsewhere. So if you want to PM me to discuss?

Members tend to read the unread posts rather than specific sections. We don't have a MGB section, maybe its time to add one?

loop ,don't be a ding bat! there are soo many posts on here no one could possible read,or comment on them all ,plus people tend to open ones that they feel apply to them ,not meaning yours are boring! the ones I will always leave a comment on are all our newbies to our site as its good to feel welcomed and your presence noticed
as always I look forward to your next postings
ps I like the idea of a section just for MGB as I think most other forms of WLS is covered

I have a thread with nearly 25,000 views and 650 comments. It sits there in RNY Gastric Bypass: Inspirational pics before and after. I occasionally add to it and folks may or may not visit, read, like, comment etc ... There is so much on here and much goes unnoticed, 'lost' in the volume of threads on the forum. It is inevitable. Don't lose faith in our forum.

Yes, a place for MGB threads is maybe a good idea ... X

I'd love to see an MGB forum. It's an increasingly popular choice and I don't know about other MGBers but when I started posting about it I was in a total quandary about whether to post under the main bypass board or not. Or perhaps rename the main bypass board to 'RNY and MGB'?

I just click on *Unread posts* So I never have a clue what part of the forum they are in :)

Ok, I'll put my hands up and say I probably wasn't in the best of moods when I came on here yesterday for various reasons, which possibly resulted in a bit if a "Spitting out of the Dummy" overreaction.:rolleyes:

I understand what everyone is saying as I also mostly now look at the updated threads as well as I am generally on and off here probably a bit more than is healthy ;). However...

I do still feel my threads have been stuck away into a corner no one will be looking at, I remember when I first found the site I went through loads of the sections looking for any threads which caught my eye and gave me some insight and I know I never looked in the Other WLS procedures section. I am a huge (though getting smaller all the time:)) fan of this forum, it has been a massive help to me in supplying both information and support.
When I start a thread I just want to feel it will somewhere accessible to help someone down the line who might not even be a member yet, the same way some old threads no one else has probably looked at in years were off interest to me when I first came on.

I don't want to rock any boats as I appreciate all the work done on the forum behind the scenes which makes everything run smoothly.
I do think though, with the ever increasing number of MGBers on here now that a new section is probably over due.

So sorry for the hissy fit, and I'm going nowhere folks you are stuck with me a while longer.

Last edited:
Lol. We all have a throw the dummy out moment
Xx

I joined 18 months ago and used to read everything

These days I go to my 'participated' section. I know this misses out so many newcomers. I just got really own about the amount if folks I used to talk to on here who disappeared :-(

If any one comes on to my diary I will go back to there's and say a thank you - they then become participated in my app

So I apologise that I don't get round everyone :-(

I do wish everyone the very best in their own journeys
And I do agree loop that mgb is becoming more popular and may need its own section

Xxx

Ok, I'll put my hands up and say I probably wasn't in the best of moods when I came on here yesterday for various reasons, which possibly resulted in a bit if a "Spitting out of the Dummy" overreaction.:rolleyes: I understand what everyone is saying as I also mostly now look at the updated threads as well as I am generally on and off here probably a bit more than is healthy ;). However... I do still feel my threads have been stuck away into a corner no one will be looking at, I remember when I first found the site I went through loads of the sections looking for any threads which caught my eye and gave me some insight and I know I never looked in the Other WLS procedures section. I am a huge (though getting smaller all the time:)) fan of this forum, it has been a massive help to me in supplying both information and support. When I start a thread I just want to feel it will somewhere accessible to help someone down the line who might not even be a member yet, the same way some old threads no one else has probably looked at in years were off interest to me when I first came on. I don't want to rock any boats as I appreciate all the work done on the forum behind the scenes which makes everything run smoothly. I do think with the ever increasing number of MGBers on here now that a new section is probably over due. So sorry for the hissy fit, and I'm going nowhere folks you are stuck with me a while longer.

That's so good to hear Loop as I am a mahoosive fan of yours xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I must admit I also click on 'new posts' too, so have no idea which section is which. However, I can also see the point in making sure that things are in the correct section for new people etc

Loops, you are a wonderful contributor and supporter on this forum. I certainly read all your posts and really value your comments on mine and other members diaries. X

Back