• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

been refused?

wencho

has anyone been refused for an op and if so why and at what point do you find out?
ive got my seminar next week and almost finished weight loss course but very nervous incase i eventually get refused.
ive got the form to fill in and im worried i may put something down that might mean im not eligable???
this letter has hit home how real all this is becoming and i dont want to blow it!!!!!

Hi there wencho,
I am also under Sunderland and waiting for my appointment with the consultant and have been informed by both Mr Smalls sec. and the bariatric team that if you have been invited to attend the seminar then your funding is already in place.
I was more than a little concerned about this myself because of reading other posts on here and this was why I needed to find out for myself.
Please keep in mind whilst reading these posts that all areas are different and you could be causing yourself unneeded stress by taking on board things that are not relavent to us here in the Ne

hi morning....
so am i guarenteed an op since ive been invited to seminar???....ive nearly completed the weight loss prog aswell so that cuts out that side of it having to wait etc....lost around 7-9lb so far...is this enough?....not sure how long the process would be to see the nurse etc as my time scale as already went so quickly.....i only went to my doctors at the end feb/start march yet as i say already at end of course and seminar next week.....ive seen and heard of people having to wait up to 12mnths just to get to the stage im at now!

I had my seminar at SRH in January and at that the consultant informed us that although there were no definite timescales it was approximately 18 months to surgery from that point, as people had to realise they were operating 7 days a week at the moment and the surgery they are offering is life ENHANCING not life Saving. I thought that this was fair comment and I hope this gives you some idea of what timescales they are currently working too.

Good luck at your seminar

thank you...its good to have a rough idea.
think it will be north tyneside general i would be operated in if i get funding which i pray i do!

i hope so too!
its a very nerve racking experience to go through and the wondering is worse than the "can i lose" pre op bit in my eyes lol

its a very confusing process where you are left so unsure if your actually going to be granted the funds......my life litrally lies in some strangers hands to decide if im eligable for op or if im left to suffer a very restricted life in a very "judged" society!!!!!!!

Hi if it's north Tyneside if you have an appointment for seminar then you have funding but if you don't follow the surgeons advice ie loose the acquired amount of weight set by the nurse/dietician and show you are committed or gain weight then the surgeon has the right to refuse surgery hope this helps x x x

i have lost 6lb so far and im on my 5th week wm come tuesday....my seminar is thurs.
how long before the nurse and dietician apps etc...do you have any idea.
im very happy to hear the funding is in place already!!!!! i thought there was still a gruelling process to go through before even being considered

I was refused funding at the end of March after 14 months of attending Change your Life classes and monthly group meetings etc. Stockport PCT changed their funding criteria in that period and where before if you had a BMI >50 and didn't need co-morbidites, they now say you do. I have sent an appeal in and am awaiting their decision. I am absolutely pig sick. How can they accept you on to their programme and then when you've done all that was asked of you, they change their minds ???? Also, isn't it crazy that there are loads of different routes to get funding for different PCT's. I have not been anywhere near a surgeon. We have to be referred by our GP to the Weight Management Service who then send out a questionnaire for us to complete and they then decide whether your are eligible for acceptance. You then have an appointment with the Weight Man Co-Ordinator for a "chat" and then puts you on to a Change you Life 10 week course and after that you have to attend monthly evening meetings until you are reviewed a further 6 months down the line by C0-Ordinator. She then said she would put my case to funding panel who very kindly turned me down. What a complete and utter waste of time. I am now on pins as I haved been told I should hear by the end of this month. If its a no, I just don't know what else to do.
Loads of luck with yours though
Jane x

ahhhhh jane what an utter nightmare for you!!!!! hope you win your appeal.
i know from things ive read on here that different areas work in dif ways and have dif funding criteria etc....i was still unsure about my area until a few posts ago.
im not going to allow myself to rely on this as concrete until i hear a surgeon or get a letter saying im accepted or have a date..i just hope that actually happens for me!!!!!!!!!

Hi great on 6 lb lost :) I had my seminar in march I think, and got an appointment with nurse/ dietician for September so 6 months waiting. Where you will be given a new weight loss goal to complete, and a talk. I finished my weight management in feb lost 1 stone yay. I found out off my doctor about funding and didn't have to fill out funding forms. You just get a questionnaire and sleep ap test to take to the seminar with you. Also when at seminar surgeon tells you that if your hear you have been granted funding, you can ask questions at the end so if still unsure ask as I'm sure their will be a lot more there thinking the same thing. Hope you have fun at seminar it's a good night and gives you loads to think about. :) x x x

so iam def granted funding?? yes??
how much are they likely to say for me to lose give the fact ive already lost some?
we all know on here how much hard work it can be....i feel im putting so much into it but getting very little weight loss wise to show for it.
6lb in almost 5 weeks isnt very much considering ive exercised and stuck to a controlled diet.

Back