• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

belly button hernia

chris195

hi again sos if im being pain, but iv got (well i think) belly hernia now does anyone no will this stop my bypass going ahead in 3 wks ?iv got my pre op on 9th sept and i think they will tell me whats what--but just wondered if anyone else had this prob. :cry:thank you pain in butt chris :wave_cry:

Hi Chris Ive no ideas hun, sorry. Didnt want to reply and run.
Good luck xx

are you having an open bypass ? They put the wound drain in through the belly button for me, so im assuming they will sort the hernia out for you. Fingers crossed they do :D

hi elfie hope you right--funny thing is only just starting to get prominent never had no probs with it,but waited so long for gastric bypass it would deverstate me if ad to be canceled,keep up good work i see you doing well,chris.

hi again sos if im being pain, but iv got (well i think) belly hernia now does anyone no will this stop my bypass going ahead in 3 wks ?iv got my pre op on 9th sept and i think they will tell me whats what--but just wondered if anyone else had this prob. :cry:thank you pain in butt chris :wave_cry:

Hi Chris

I have hernias too...and one was discovered when I went for my first appointment with the surgeons registrar...she said that it would be repaired at the same time as the surgery as well the other hernia I have...so you'll get 2 for the price of one...lol.

And to add to that...if you haven't been examined yet, you will be...just let them know prior to the surgery...if they can get to it they will.

Good luck
(((hugs)))

Last edited:
as the rest have said, if you have the hernia it won't stop your op, they'll fix it whilst in there....my op was the same surgeon as elffie's, and as she asked ''are you having open or keyhole??''

Back