• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass v Gastric Band

br1ghteyes75

Hi all,

Hoping you can help, I am a bander but have had lots of problems, acid reflux, extreme weightloss where I just couldn't keep anything down and poch diletion, they fixed my band after two further ops, it now transpires I may have a leak, so I'm now thinking of going down the bypass route, I'd reached my goal last year but have since put on 4stone.

What is everyday life like with the bypass, can you drink alcohol, how much food can you eat without gaining and feeling full etc, is there any foods which really upset things, please help, now at desperation point!

xx

Hi im sorry for all the trouble u been through i had the gastric bypass in January find that im better with food now but cant eat much but im not a dumper so i cant get away with sweet things i don't know about alcohol as i don't drink but my friend Sarah she drinks alot and she says shes fine with it so i don't think there will be a big problem with that although its good to keep it to a minimum.
please take care and think about what you think will be good for you all the best..

The only foods I have to be careful with are sugars, due to dumping syndrome. I can have them, but just in moderation. I find that alcohol affects me much quicker, a couple of drinks and I'm anyones! You have to watch the sugar in alcohol as well.

It may be worth you speaking to justliz who is a valued member on here. Liz is waiting to convert to a band after being very successful with hers but through no fault of her own they have failed.....

I had the bypass 2 months ago and eat my grandsons size portions, i've not had alcohol as it's not a big thing in my life (i'd rather have a cuppa :) )...

Best thing to do is read people's diaries xx

Back