• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can you always feel your band? Is it always uncomfortable?

Summerband

Hello all,

I realise I am in VERY early days with my band (post op 3) but I just realised I never asked a super simple question!

Do you guys who have had your band a while (a few months) still feel in inside you constantly?

I am assuming and very much hoping that the tightness I feel in the band area is due to post op swelling.

But it suddenly crossed my mind that maybe it always feels like this...forever!?? I do hope not.

So can you constantly feel your band?

Unfortunately, after 14 months I still do.
Not sure if the feeling is ever going to go away.
Have to live with it, I guess.

I cannot feel mine at all!

i do not feel the band, but I do feel the port and as I e loss weight the more I can feel it. It also has moved considerably so when I bend over I catches on my ribs, so I do have that reminder. But i don't feel pain from it or the band,

Hi Summer

I have had mine for a month - I don't feel it during the day, but sometimes during the night and first thing in the morning I can feel a tightness where it is - but it soon wears off when I am up and about.

Justine x

Thats all good to know. I was feeling really tight yesterday and worried that it would always feel like that as it is not nice. But even this morning I feel a lot better, so fingers crossed what I am feeling at the mo is part of the healing process.

Thanks for your feedback. xx

There will be no real pattern to how tight it may or may not feel, one minute you will be able to eat a certain food, but even a few hours later may not be able to.

Yesterday afternoon I ate some prawns, come to have some at dinner and couldn't eat them. The tightness can vary and it is a great deal of trial and error, but you will soon learn to read your body and the tightness of the band :)

Hello all,

I realise I am in VERY early days with my band (post op 3) but I just realised I never asked a super simple question!

Do you guys who have had your band a while (a few months) still feel in inside you constantly?

I am assuming and very much hoping that the tightness I feel in the band area is due to post op swelling.

But it suddenly crossed my mind that maybe it always feels like this...forever!?? I do hope not.

So can you constantly feel your band?

I know what you mean. I too was wondering as this is uncomfortable and makes it difficult to move, I am still very sleepy and can't potter about for long....here's hoping we both feel better soon x ( same day op)

iv never felt mine but cat is right about restriction it comes and goes it can be dependant on how your feeling time of day and if your stressed or emotional , I always feel ltighter if im ill sometimes a fe days befor a cold it starts so I know one is comeing

I've had my band for just under six months now, and I can honestly say that any pain or discomfort I've experienced with the band has been self inflicted by sheer gluttony. If I overeat I tend to get pain around the port area and then lower stomach spasms, but I don't think I have ever really felt my band per se

A few weeks after surgery I did have an evening of immense pain and ended up in A&E, I was told it was due to the stitches in the muscles dissolving and the muscle rearranging itself.

I hope you are fortunate to have a trouble free journey with your band.

A few weeks after surgery I did have an evening of immense pain and ended up in A&E, I was told it was due to the stitches in the muscles dissolving and the muscle rearranging itself.

Oooh, thanks for that, this may well explain why I was so bad yesterday!

Summerband I'm 1 month post-op and if you read my diary, you'll see I had a really hard time in the first few days post-op, due to a very narrow oesophagus apparently, but once the swelling had gone down, I couldn't feel my band at all, and even now, like Oasiscalm, it's not the band I can feel, it's the constriction if I get something stuck, I've had a problem since Tuesday where something got really, really stuck and I've had breastbone pain since, but I now think that's because of the combination of stuck and the stitching/muscle thing. So don't be daft like I have been, and don't try to eat before you can swallow! ;)

Thanks Bookie and Oasis, I will go look for your diary.

I am good, I tend to get tight either early morning before I have had a warm drink or late at night. During the day it feels ok now that I assume the swelling has gone down a fair bit. I am apprehensive about mushies on Saturday, but will go very very slow and carefully!

It quid funny actually my boyfriend listens to it when it hits before the band and drains through lol doesn't bother me though :)

I feel mine when I bend over or if I press really hard on my tummy otherwise nox

Back