• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can you take paracetamol after G Bypass?

Stellap

At goal at last.....
Hi, I'm 9 months out and have a terrible viral bug with sickness, diarrhorea and horrible clammy temperature. Was wondering whether I can take paracetamol or what other pain killers I can take. Haven eaten for 4 days and am struggling to drink and I know I'm dehydrated but every time I drink I feel sick.

Many thanks

Yes, paracetamol should be fine. It is aspirin and other NSAIDs that you shouldn't be taking. But do consult your team. Hope you feel better soon. xx

Thanks v much, I have been taking paracetamol but it did occur to me that was the reason I felt sick so thought I'd check. Feeling very miserable at the moment even though it's given me a 6lb loss - would rather lose it the traditional way!

You really need to drink water, maybe check with your team about rehydration sachets as well. I hate feeling/being sick but being dehydrated will make you feel worse so try your best. Can't help about the paracetamol..sorry :)

you can also take paracetamol suspension (sugar free) if you can't keep the pills down.
I hope you feel better soon. x

Back