• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cant sleep

Retfordmag

Even like this for a few weeks now. Mainly since I had my bypass on 9 July.

I just can't seem to sleep very well. Legs feel like got mind of their own. They feel very restless. Just cannot settle when go to sleep. They feel so itchy and feel like something is crawling on them.

I've even resorted to sleeping in soda so as not to disturb other half rather than spend hours tossing and turning and getting even more wound up.

Have you discussed it with doctor?sounds the same as what my partner has, it's known as restless leg syndrome.

I am the same since my op cant sleep very well i get off but wake every couple of hours, get really hot & my legs omg they drive me mad!

Been to docs. They're unwilling to treat as restless leg syndrome as only been a few weeks. Given me 4 sleeping tablets to see if some sleep will help.

Hi folks. - Ive had restless leg syndrome on and off for a few years. My mum and one of my sisters also have it, so must run in our family. I find stretching using elastic/latex exercise bands helps a lot. RLS is attributed to low levels of dopamine, a neurotransmitter responsibile for emotional responses, neuro movements and metabolism. More likely to get RLS when tired, not exercised and hungry. Exercise is most beneficial, a is good balanced diet low in fats and high in fruit/veg. No expert in this, just lots of patient trying this and that to alleviate what can be a debilitating problem at worse and totally irritating at best. Txxx

Well yet another night and hardly any sleep. Ended up on the settee again so as not to disturb partner.

This really is driving me ip the wall. The four day course of Zopliclone did nothing. Feel like legs are getting more and more itchy/ dry/ restless and I'm lucky if I've had about two hours sleep.

Doctor I saw reluctant to treat for rls. All I need is sleep ?

I was told to take an asprin & that helped a lot. Thins the blood but what else it done i dont know, worked though thankfully.

Have you tried a bath before bed and when in the bath after you've warmed up take a body brush and starting from the ankle brush up towards your hips till the whole legs have been done. This may free up the circulation before bed and prevent some itchy feelings.
Hope you get some good rest soon x

I was told to take an asprin & that helped a lot. Thins the blood but what else it done i dont know, worked though thankfully.

I thought you couldn't take aspirin after surgery as they fall in the NSAIDs group of drugs?

Rang hospital and they suggest tonic water because of the quinine.

Well tonic water didn't work. Still can't sleep ?

Reading with dimly lit lamp? Usually works for me :)

Tried all sorts. Now on camomile tea. Only problem keep needing a pee

I'm awake too and can't sleep. Keep waking around 2-3am then wide awake. Problem is I've just eaten a digestive, a jaffa cake and a toasted pikelet spread with flora and jam with a cup of tea. Am going to go and try and sleep again, am going to feel like nothing on earth at work later x

Probably not much use to you tonight, but a couple of drops of lavender oil on your pillowcase can help you relax and sleep.
Hope you get some zzzzzzz's some
Em xxxxx

Mrs Quiggle said:
I'm awake too and can't sleep. Keep waking around 2-3am then wide awake. Problem is I've just eaten a digestive, a jaffa cake and a toasted pikelet spread with flora and jam with a cup of tea. Am going to go and try and sleep again, am going to feel like nothing on earth at work later x

Omg that's so me if I wake early, extra cals...grrr!

Back