• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chinese: what I ordered and how it went

Ruthiep

Went out for supper to the (kosher) Chinese with hubby tonight. It worked pretty well. I decided not to order a starter, just a main which hubby would finish off. He started with the mixed hors d'euvres from which I took one triangle of sesame toast and a tiny corner off a lamp spare rib. (didn't finish the lamb and the toast was SOO oily! how did I ever eat that stuff?)

My main was a chicken and veg stir fry. I asked for it to be done in as little oil as possible. Also a portion of veg noodles. I've not had any kind of pasta since my op so this was very experimental. The chicken was breast, not my favourite, but I had a few pieces. The veg were all pretty raw, and as I am having problems with veg anyway I left them. However the noodles (of which I took only about one spoonful) didn't seem too bad. I was surprised, after hearing all the horror stories about pasta. Anyway hubby ate his way through most of everything, even my chicken stir fry. I think the young woman on the next table (very close by) looked a bit startled when I said to hubby "I won't have a starter, I can't eat two things", when she and her husband were eating their way through the menu!! Then she saw me struggling to even eat a tiny plate of whatever, she must have wondered what the heck was wrong with me!

All in all I enjoyed what I ate, had a bit of wind pain, probably ate too fast, but it was nice.!

aww would soup not have been on the menu?

i love chinese....havent had one for ages (fund rather than anything else)

i think it will be my last large meal :D

Glad it went ok hun, must say that a chinese will be my final meal before the milk diet starts one thing i will really miss post op.

I love Chinese food and really miss having it as not touched one since around October time!!

Last night I cooked thinly sliced chicken breast in an Uncle Ben's sauce in the oven then put it in the blender to a finely minced consistency and had 1/4 of it for supper last night.

It was lovely to have the flavours of Chinese food with just a fraction of the calories and cost of a takeaway!! And I managed to eat the whole portion.

Tatiana

Back