• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes disposal

tpt

Uber geek
I just started taking photo's of my gear - shed loads of pairs of wide leg black troosers, a whole heap of maxi-length summer dresses & lovely tops, loads of other troosers etc - someone is going to get a bargain - it's all good gear. Problem is, eBay's fee's are exorbitant now and to list nearly 50 items I will get a massive invoice, car-booting won't get the prices that some of the un-worn stuff warrant and I am stuck for ideas. I have been selling bits on eBay for a couple of years but their costs are making it too expensive now.

NB for those of you who may think I am being a little previous here as my Op is not for 9 days, I won't need the formal gear before I lose weight, won't wear the dresses and tops as I only bought them for the Caribbean last year, didn't wear them then and have enough clothes to wear despite getting shot of the loads :ashamed0005::ashamed0005: (I am a hoarder!)

What did you lot do?

Why not start ebay listings at 99p, that way youre paying minimum fees, I bet theyll go for loads more than that and youre still making money. Probably the only way youll get cash back from the clothes

The problem with that is that some of the items such as the maxi-dresses are new and cost a packet so I would be loathe to see them go for pennies! I have been selling & buying for a few years but recently their costs seem to have soared....

its now free to list anything on ebay for 99p or under, i sold all my stuff on ebay and yes it went for less than it was worth but you have to accept thats the way it is and ppl want a bargain, the sales ar also on in the shops at the mo so theres that to compete with to, if you ask to much ppl wont bid, i would list your items over 3 weeks say 10 items a week over 3 weeks and pay your fees from what you get payed and whats left over is yours x

Is it possible to list them for free at 99p but put a reserve price on them ? or does that then incurr a fee ? If not that might be a way of getting round the price being too low :)

Or how about putting a few items on together as a bulk then your not paying a fee for each item ? Ive seen a few people doing that, like 2 jeans and 3 tops to go with them, then its like ppl are getting a couple of outfits. You would be able to put a higher start price and only 1 fee so that would work out in your favour.

yes they will charge for putting a reserve on them.

Minimum reserve is £50. Best idea is to make up small bundles and sell that way. Put cheaper items with more expensive items.
I know that some shops that will sell your second hand clothes for you and charge a commision for the service.

its now free to list anything on ebay for 99p or under, i sold all my stuff on ebay and yes it went for less than it was worth but you have to accept thats the way it is and ppl want a bargain, the sales ar also on in the shops at the mo so theres that to compete with to, if you ask to much ppl wont bid, i would list your items over 3 weeks say 10 items a week over 3 weeks and pay your fees from what you get payed and whats left over is yours x

I have no problem with folk (including me) getting a bargain and me making some loss - but some of my items are new with tags and cost a packet but a fair starting price incurs heavy fee's now - I usually sell 20 or less items a month and not at any great amount and I am getting staggering invoices each month from eBay..it seems the bubble has burst and it is not a cheap market place so much anymore...

I would do a car boot but I live in the sticks and I think statistically the amount of women my size with my taste is likely to be fairly low :)

I might post them down to tpt Jnr who lives in London central - they have clothes swap parties down theree...she could get her gurlies to bring their mum's for my stuff ;)

Sorry can't help as I've always given everything away lol. Have never bought or sold on ebay because I don't like it. Maybe the shops that sell for you and take a commission are the ones to try. Good luck with the sales and all the money you get back can buy you a new wardrobe full of post op clothes lol

Back