• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultation on Friday

deq

Hi All. I'm having my first consultation with Prof McMahon in Manchester, he works out of the Nuffield in Leeds. As my BMI is over 60 I've been told to go for a bypass but am very scared of the consequences. Is there anyone out there who has had a bypass/band with a BMI such as mine and has anyone been to see this chap?

I saw the prof last thurs.

He is lovely. Really nice, He spends time explaining EVERYTHING.

He even volunteered the info on how many people have died during this type of op (bypass), I didnt even have to ask.

He also took me into a wee room, and gave my belly a feel, make sure i had no hernia's i guess, he then declaired me "all fit and well!"

He gave me a ton of info to take away and read too. He was really nice.

He was also the first surgeon in the uk to do the op using keyhole.
Google him... he is pretty awesome! lol

.x.

good luck on friday xx

just wanted to wish you luck for friday xx

Thansk for that. Unfortunately my consultation was cancelled yesterday so I'm now going on Friday 8th May. I've looked him up and your right he sounds like just the right guy for this. Interesting about checking for hernias - he's been recommended to me as I have a large tummy hernia, hope this won't stop it all going ahead. Good luck for the 12th. Debs

Thansk Gaynor, I'll hold onto the thought for May. Debs

thanks Liz, hope all is well with you? Debs

thansk Mrs Cakey Bun, well done on your loss so far. Hope its still going well for you? debs

thanks Brett

Hi All. I'm having my first consultation with Prof McMahon in Manchester, he works out of the Nuffield in Leeds. As my BMI is over 60 I've been told to go for a bypass but am very scared of the consequences. Is there anyone out there who has had a bypass/band with a BMI such as mine and has anyone been to see this chap?

Hiya, i had my open bypass procedure in March at walsall manor my bmi was 70+ and i am okay i originally wanted the band but dr khan said it would be of no use to me because of the wheight i have to loose and the fact i have a sweet tooth. If you are having the bypass but non open you will be even better don't worry you will be okay and the doctor you are having sounds really capable. janey:):):):)

Janey - I can't believe how much you have lost already. I hope its going well for you and that you are coping ok with the regime. Thanks for your kind words and good luck to you also. Debs xx

Back