• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 2/3 post op

katiebaby

Ok, so things went a bit down hill after I posted yesterday and the pain became really bad in the evening. Had an early night and spent the night passing wind - I was like a one woman brass band and I think my husband may be in for another symphony tonight :D Took strong painkillers this morning but can still feel the pain, am off for a walk round the shops in a minute. For various reasons I have to go back to work on Monday but have another two days so hope that I will be feeling quite a lot better after that. Am tres jealous of people who report just a bit of discomfort. :jelous:

Hi there,

I know just how you feel, everyone seems to be so different. I was exactly the same. I can honestly say that the wind pain was one of the worst pains I have ever had. It did go away after about a week though and I found that the rennie deflatin tablets that you suck really helped. As well as peppermint tea and gentle walking.

Hope you feel better soon. My husband ended up on the sette because of the brass band thing, hehe.

Leesh x

katie take it easy around the shops....i didnt leave the house for like a whole week. no way couldnt stand up straight till day 3ish....or was it 4 and my husband was like ooh u are standing up straight.

its absolute agony initially and ur body is very weak, try walking around the house or in the garden. im over 3 weeks in and im still feeling tired and not 100% myself energy wise.

walking will help with getting the wind out, but take it easy and be gentle. have u tried voltarol heat patches....they were fab for putting on my shoulder.

Thank you. I am four days post op now and am feeling ok, but still need painkillers to sleep at night. Had a little nana nap this afternoon, which was unexpected as I thought I was fine. Obviously things are moving slower than I thought. I had the glue to close my wounds and it is quite crunchy and annoying and catching on my clothes :( Back to work tomorrow, am looking forward to it xxxxxxx

Hi
I had my band 6 days ago and found the wind pain excrutiating! Now have a stich like pain below my ribs which comes and goes, horrible, but i know pain killers won't help the wind pain, so haven't had any.

My hubby went back to work yesterday so i now have the kids to look after and that a challenge as i have a 1yr old who constantly wants lifted! arggg no rest for me!!

Claire

Back