• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Derby

BeaBea

Hi all ... I was just wondering how many people out there are waiting for or have had their surgery in Derby?

It would be nice to hear if anyone else from Derby is around and who their surgeon is.

Hi beth

not having it done at derby but would have loved to as it loads closer then walsall. I go to the meetings at the royal (city) do you go. The last one was with the new surgeon he was going into the different options that was useful.

Dont think there was many from derby when I asked last year

Hope you get on ok. He said the wait was about 3 months for band/sleeve or bypass so thats really very good.

Ali
xx

Hello Ali
Thanks for replying, I didn't know that they had meetings at the Royal, it's still a little way for me to travel, but they don't do surgery here in Nottingham.

Have only met Mr Ahmed once, he was very nice, just things are so slow, as I know that the PCT have replied to the last letter sent to them and his secretary doesn't appear to know anything about it.

i saw mr ahmed in derby but they weren't doing the bypasses when i saw him, only the band. he was lovely. i was referred on to leeds for my bypass. I am nottingham based too so would have preffered derby for the distance but think my surgeon in leeds was ace and i don't mind the travelling cos he has looked after me so well.

xxxx

well the next meeting is wed if interested go upto car park 4 then when you walk back out walk straight across the road towards the door down the small walkway. Then ring the bell the woman should tell you which room its usually 3rd floor think room 4 but it does change from time to time. They a nice group of people if want find out more info come along. I could meet you a the entrance if want

Ali
xx

Hi.
I had band fitted at Derby Royal on the 5th December 2009........could do with some support, worrying alot, not loosing, and cant tell its been fitted!!!
Are there support groups???
xxx

By the way my surgeon was Proff Larvin......started under Mr Leader, met Mr Arhmed but the Proff did the op.
Lovely people, very approachable great care.
xxx

Back