• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did I hear right

deepblue

Was at a checkup and was talking to my Surgeon about being worried my liver would not shrink as he was talking in surgeon talk I tuned out :eek: but did pick up him saying if the liver had not shrunk enough for the bypass he would just do the Gastric Sleeve does this sound right or have imagined it.
Iam sticking to the lo calorie diet but have become paranoid about my liver shrinking.

You heard right, that's exactly what happened to me. But I'm kind of glad now. It's been exactly what I wanted :)

Thanks for that I realy wasnt sure if I had heard him right I need to stop tuning out like that :)

Does the sleeve work well for everyone?
Is it not as good as a By Pass? Not heard of a sleeve?

The sleeve is where they make your stomach into a banana shaped pouch by cutting away about 75% of the stomach hence you can't eat as much food as before but you have a fully functioning stomach. With the bypass they bypass the intestines so you consume less calories as well, but with this op u need to take vitamins for life because alot of these are lost to. Hope I've made sense xxx

You can also go from a sleeve to a RNY (or DS) in a second operation (later on) if you find your weight loss isn't where you want it.

I was told exactly the same by my surgeon and even on the day of my op the registrar said exactly the same" if my liver was 2 big then i would get a sleeve" and the min i woke up in recovery the first thing i said" did i have a bypass"

Back