• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dizziness

big-d

I'm 4 weeks post op on Monday been fine apart from dizzy spell which seems to be getting worse more frequent and lasting longer ..... Went the doctors last week and was told its my body gettj g use to the op...... Any1 help?

It could possibly be a postural drop in your blood pressure, when you go from lying to sitting or sitting to standing too quickly. It could also be that your not eating/drinking enough or leaving the gap too long in between meals. I get this and have done since my surgery almost a year ago. If you can go and get your BP checked :)

When I was at the doctors she checked my blood pressure and it was fine ...... I'm defo getting enough food and fluids ....... This weekend it's seems to be happening every time I stand up and it's lasting longer I av to stand still and close my eyes x

When I was at the doctors she checked my blood pressure and it was fine ...... I'm defo getting enough food and fluids ....... This weekend it's seems to be happening every time I stand up and it's lasting longer I av to stand still and close my eyes x

Did he check it while you were sitting down? To detect a postural drop, they need to do it in sitting, standing and lying. It sounds like a postural drop to me. That's exactly what happens to me and I have postural drop.

Thank you both as someone who has suffered for over 2 years with a severe balance disorder and migraines you have made me smile.

Always see GP if they do not treat it properly go back.

Good luck

Back