• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you feel less hungry ?

emma-louise

my new life!!
A question for long term bypassers...
What's your appetite like now ?
I'm finding it hard to eat at times,I just dont feel hungry.
I find I have to force myself to eat something so know I'm not starving myself.
So I tend to make sure I eat fish,cheese,etc.
I'm 16 months post op,and 2 stone away from ideal weight.
The weight just comes off in tiny amounts now.
So I gather as I'm not eating much this may be adding to my slow weightloss now.
Does anyone else just struggling to eat regular?

Hiya i didnt want to read and disappear... im only 5 months post op... but i read somewhere that our appetites can change at different stages. speaking to a few people about the stage where you are i was told that some people have to up there calories from the 800-1200 a day to around 1600-1800 cals... im not 100% sure on this as obviosly im on 5 months in. are you still able to contact your dietition as you may need to be eating more. but by eating healthy meals when you do have to force yourself to eat your doing well x i hope soone comes along soon who is a lot more helpful than me xx

I'm nine and a half months post op & the only time I feel hunger is when the headhunger bites. I still have to clock watch & eat because it's a mealtime rather than hunger. If I forget my body eventually shouts at me by making me lightheaded so I'm getting there with remembering to eat while at work & breakfast on work days are easy, evenings, weekends and holidays are the problem.

Your appetite will return. At two years out unless I was busy where my mind was on other things I'd be hungry all the time. We have a small pouch area that empties fairly quickly so we get full up quickly but unless we eat the right foods and make sure we are really well hydrated, we get hungry quick too. Empty guts means you feel hungry

That was my main reason for eating six or seven small meals a day rather than three bigger meals, it kept my metabolism racing high and kept hunger and inappropriate eating at bay

Karlos said:
Your appetite will return. At two years out unless I was busy where my mind was on other things I'd be hungry all the time. We have a small pouch area that empties fairly quickly so we get full up quickly but unless we eat the right foods and make sure we are really well hydrated, we get hungry quick too. Empty guts means you feel hungry

That was my main reason for eating six or seven small meals a day rather than three bigger meals, it kept my metabolism racing high and kept hunger and inappropriate eating at bay

Karlos if you ate 6 small meals a day what would they consist of ?
I've never been a 3 meal a day person,I've been a grazer.
That's what got me to the size I was x

A typical days’ intake for me when I was losing weight would be

6.00 Protein shake with milk

7.15 12 Grapes no more no less LOL

8.00ish Small bowl complex cereal such as Weetabix or Shredded wheat with milk

10.00 single Fage yogurt, zero fat (I used to put protein powder in this some days to bulk it up to 20g of protein. It tastes yucky but is good for you, the 2% fat version is much nicer. This is a very expensive yogurt so only get it if you can eat it without throwing it up
biggrin.gif

12.30 Tuna salad full tin Tuna. I used to add a few pine nuts to this to increase the protein and eat the salad only after the fish had gone in. Salad would be 1 cherry tomato, iceberg or some bag lettuce leaf, two slices of cucumber, small serving of Lentil & Bean Shoots, little bit of Alfalfa & Radish Shoots, two pieces of celery, small amount of red and green peppers, desert spoon of low fat coleslaw, and I added low fat mayo to the Tuna. It cost a fortune to buy the stuff but it was so tasty and had good protein content.

2.00 1 Banana

4.00 1 Pear

6.00 after the gym Protein bar or shake

7.30 Evening meal of fish, chicken, or lean beef minced with veggies. I’d eat chilli a couple of times a week, Spagbol with a little pasta I'd even eat curried chicken with a little rice and sauce, but always ate the protein first and if I had room, then the carbs. I used oxo instead of gravy and avoided potatoes and bread. I measured out a small soup bowl that was filled to two thirds with food, and once it was gone it was one, I never went back for more and never ate to restriction.

9.30 If I could manage it I’d try to get another protein bar in, or a little cheese for a change. When I wanted to stop losing weight I changed this for half a bagel with full fat Philli on it

Now this worked for me, but remember I was working out six/seven days a week and lifting fairly heavy weights on three of those days to protect my muscle mass. That meant I needed more protein and my NUT agreed I should try to get in 120 to 130g a day minimum. Now that’s a lot and if you’re not working out hard you need less protein, around 80g should be enough.

Thanks Karlos,
Tuna and prawns are my foods I tolerate well,
I've got the protein shakes in(sci-mix) cost me a fortune but I can't bear them!they make me feel sickly.
And I was made to feel as though I shouldn't take this instead of having 'real foods' x

Hello
im glad you asked this i am 11 months post op and i feel hungry very very rarely and i dont eat enough i know this but im trying to change this and i do know this is why my weight loss is so damn slow..i still have 3stone 6lb to lose but ill get there.. thanks for showing us your food intake of a day karlos.. i always wonder what protien shakes people have, what ones do you prefer? x

The Body Fortress from Holland and Barrett are OK. I buy Vyomax Delux from SK Sports as I go for time release you can mix with milk rather than water, but the H&B ones are OK

Back