• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Drinking

wobbles

I don't mean alcohol.

I'm finding it really hard to drink. Eating is the easy part. But i'm really thirsty all the time, but i'm finding i can still only take sips of liquid, which do not quench my thirst, so i give up, only to get even more thirsty and frustrated.

Has anyone else has this problem, and do you have any advice? I think i'm gettin dehydrated as i can't seem to get enough fluid into me. I'm gaggin for a huge big thirst quenching drink but can't seem to have it.

Funny thing - I also get a bit of this and it was a lot worse int h early days, thankfully its better now but i still can drink cold fluids early in the day.

I found if i warmed fluids slightly they went down a lot better !

OMG Me too!

ONe thing that helps is ice pop's. I have at least 4 a day. Also freeze your pureed fruit with some water. I also add some water to my 100mls of apple juice I drink daily.

But, like you I really do need to drink more but I just can't get enough in sip sip sipping.

Not really any help but at least you're not alone!

Wow, i didn't realise i wouldn't be the only one, phew!! It's strange i really thought food would be the problem, but no, it's liquid.

Ice pops sound like a good idea, which ones do you use? I tend to drink milk or orange juice, and sometimes cold water, but now that you mention it Rich, hot drinks do go down so much easier, like hot chocolate.

Taking tablets is the worst.

now yr worring me 2nd day post op and ive had
180ml smoothie
sugar free jelly
milky coffee
glass of milk
strained cup a soup
horlicks
and 3 500ml bottles of water sipped throughout the day I was told to have 6 portions of free fluid and water as well.
ive not struggled or had any pain, nausea or vomiting.
Im very windy but expected that after having my guts played with i would be.
Am i abnormal?

I've been having Jubblys from Tesco's. Blackcurrant, Strawberry, Tropical and Orange.

I don't drink milk, can't stand the stuff, don't drink tea or coffee either. I made my self a highlights hot chocolate drink, you know the 40 calories a cup one but in the end I chickened out of drinking it in case it cased dumping!

Tablets? I only have a chewable antacid and Fastmelts so no problem there.

Each morning i take 2 prozac tablets, 2 Domperidone tablets to prevent sickness, one Rabiprazole tablet, and have only recently stopped taking the 2 pain killer tablets. Soon i'll also have to add the multivitamins etc to that list.
So to take a big enough mouthful to get each tablet down, and having to do it repeatedly is particularly uncomfortable each morning. So much so i have to wait at least half an hour afterwards before i can have my morning yoghurt.

HC you're not abnormal ;) I've not had a problem drinking at all, and can get through a glass quite quickly :D

I can drink a pint, but it takes about half an hour to get through it, only because of how uncomfortable each mouthful is going down.

Are low fat milshakes ok? With semi skimmed milk and low fat ice cream and banana?

Does anyone else feel hungry? Cause i do.

I've had a low fat coffee milkshake, which was espresso, ice, sweetener, and low fat ice cream. It was luuurrrrvely. Didn't make me dump at all.

I only occasionally feel truly hungry, but I get regular head hunger. Old habits die hard!

mm sounds good shel, might steal that little recipe.

Yeah i think i'm still differentiating between head hunger and belly hunger. But i'm figuring it out, and recognising the little things my tummy is doing. Gurgling often means hunger for me.

...Am i abnormal?

I wouldn't say you are abnormal - sounds like you are doing brilliantly, well done!

...So to take a big enough mouthful to get each tablet down, and having to do it repeatedly is particularly uncomfortable each morning. So much so i have to wait at least half an hour afterwards before i can have my morning yoghurt.

I was the same, couldn't eat for a little while as my pills were like my breakfast!! But it does get easier! Also, I find if I take my pills with a warm/hot drink it helps (my mind tells me it is melting them!! :D) And I take a couple at a time now (which helps when I have 3 gall-bladder tabs, an anti-depressant, Forcival, a blood pressure pill, still on just the one diabetic pill & ... another one I can't remember what for ... at once!)

Just another stepping stone on the journey!

Strangely immidiately post op i was able to drink cold fluids fast and found myself drinking squash by the pint !, now though i have to sip cold fluids and find it easier to drink warm or tepid. Despite this i dont seem to suffer this problem when drinking a large G&T lol :D

Back