• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Driving/excercise post op

Willow65

Hi all (oh the Font of all knowledge)

I am having my op done on Monday - and was wondering when i can drive? also when can i start going to the gym?

I have a positive mental attitude and as soon as possible i am going to start walking, but dont want to do too much too soon

Thanks all

Reactions: Bev
I was told I wasnt allowed to drive for 2 weeks. Strenous exercise 6 weeks. But things like walking they encourage the day of the op, but gently does it.

Yep - can only repeat the advice Mary was given.

I haven't tried driving yet but luckily I haven't needed to. As for exercise, I'm starting the Wii Fit tonight but gently at first.

I was about 2 weeks before I could attempt to drive but also check with your insurance. Some insurance companies will not allow you to drive after a general anaesthetic for a number of weeks.

i was told by my insurance company after another surgery that i had, that i had to be able to do an emergency stop with no discomfort whatsoever. so its whenever that happens, id assume that its the same with all ops, as i didnt tell them what id had done, just that id had surgery. hope this helps

thanks everyone, sounds like its the same when you have a cesearian section - they say you have to be able to do an emergency stop - will check with insurance though

many thanks!!!

Back