• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dry mouth. whats everyone drinking?

Raynebubble

Hi i am on soft food stage so eating 3 meals a day, im also managing all the fluids i can handle which ie yesterday came to 1350ml, that not including my milky hot choc. Hospital said as long as i drink no less than 1000ml then thats ok.
But my mouth always seems so dry

I drink decaffinated tea
Robinsons nas apple and blackcurrant squash
Robinsons nas strawberry and apple squash
Robinsons nas summer fruits squash

Just wondered what everyone else is drinking, and what quenches your thirst?

Last edited:
Robinsons nas orange seems to give me dry mouth for some reason. I think the best thing you can drink is good old plain water, but I'd rather put up with the dry mouth!!

H xx

yeah i continually have a dry mouth.. im drinking enough fluids.. i cant stand plain water.
What else do you drink Hannah? x

Vimto NAS is the only squash I can drink everything else leaves a funny taste in my mouth
You can make ice lollys with it as well
If your mouth is really dry try sucking ice cubes or sugar free tip tops

oh i didnt know you can get nas vimto, i might give that a try.. what are tip tops?

yeah i continually have a dry mouth.. im drinking enough fluids.. i cant stand plain water.
What else do you drink Hannah? x

lol nothing really, i had the odd cup of tea here and there but mainly squash. might try the vimto myself though, see if that's any better

H xx

Hot oxo ! It cuts through my thirst. I dont like tap water either so I drink bottled, still, flavoured water.
Lynne x

I found the nas Vimto really sweet. just using nas blackcurrant at the moment with the odd cup of tea. seem to be off coffee since op.

thankyou... ive just had dinner, and my mouth isnt so bad now... ive got a feeling it could be what i ate today thats why my mouth was dry.... i had beans and cheese for breaky, which is the only thing i seem to like as i dont like cereal... ... then for lunch i had ham and a scrambled egg and a cheese triangle. But for dinner i had chicken, tinned green bean, cheese sauce and aunt bessies mash portion, veggies have water in them... so i think i will add veggies or a bit of salad to my lunch... that may help... what do you think?
ooh i will get some ice pops thankyou xx

I've built up a massive collection of NAS squashes, some of which are utterly hideous!! (Pear Drop, Marshmallow, Sherbet Lemon, Fruit Salad for example!). I've currently got into Vimto Cherry, Morrisons Blood Orange & Grapefruit, Strawberry & Apple, Pear & Elderflower, Ribena & good old Orange!

haha where on earth did you get all of them snagglepuss... im gonna have to swap and change mine... i now think its the nas robinsons apple and blackcurrent giving me dry mouth lol... ive got summer fruits in the cudboard so gonna go back to that x
Can you get nas vimto cherry and where from?

I got the NAS cherry vimto from tesco - my tesco does all manner of revolting flavours, I think thats where the pear drops and sherbet lemon came from! Or maybe it was Morrisons?

I have gradually grown to hate squash of all varieties :( But can manage NAS Florida Orange from Adsa & NAS Mango & Orange from Tesco's IF I add approx 1part Fresh Orange juice to 5parts squash. Everything seems so sweet now :( I do drink a lot of fruit teas though & am managing over 2lts a day with a mixture of these & the odd glass of room temperature tap water ... cold water makes my pipes close up for some reason & I can't get it down :confused: Everyone is different though, honey xxx :)

ooh i might try some fruit teas, what fresh juice do you buy... i might try that and diluting with plenty of water? d you just buy normal fresh orange?

The tip tops which we call popscicles here in US is the only thing helping me with thirst. Even though they are Sugar free, is there such a thing as too much?

My dentist recommended using a prescribed toothpaste of the doctor for dry mouth which works wonders. I take medication that makes my mouth so dry. But I've also seen that boots have a. Version for dry mouth but it a bit expensive. Ask your docs and maybe give it s try x

The tip tops which we call popscicles here in US is the only thing helping me with thirst. Even though they are Sugar free, is there such a thing as too much?

if they are sugar free then you can have as many as you like.. being ice they are classed as fluids.. so thats ok hun... think about it we drink lots of nas squash and there is no limit to how much we can drink xx

Back