• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating makes me feel ill

Donna R

Hi,

Well i am 4 weeks out and started on food.

I had a little bit of a chip yesterday just squeezed a bit out (naughty i know but couldnt resist)

Then today i had a small potato mashed with Gravy and some Carrot, followed by a little bit of ice cream.

Both times when i have eat these i go soooooooo tireds very sleepy and feel really rough..

Is this Dumping ?
Am i eating too much ?

Thanks xx

According to our surgeon you should be on purees/sloopy foods at 4 weeks. Try the mash and gravy again use a teaspoon to eat with and just put some on the end of your spoon and then put your spoon down in between mouthfuls. The potato out of the chip could have been too dry by itself or too greasy. The icecream could also have made you dump. It's a very steep learning curve we have to go on in the transition stages. Don't be afraid to go back a stage for a few day and try again. I found that I lived on mash, corned beef, cheese and gravy for what seemed like forever :). It can take time to progress so do it slowly and try one new food at a time, so if you know you can et mash and gravy, next meal try corned beef, mash and gravy. Then if you can eat that ok for a couple of meals try adding carrot or cheese, this way it is easier to identify foods which don't agree with you.

It will also be very small amounts you can eat at this tme probably a teaspoon to a desert spoon to start with and don't eat for more than 20 minutes per sitting.

Hope this helps

As Terri says, it could well be the grease on the chip and the sugar in the ice cream which made you feel so lousy. Keep it very simple at first. I only just ate oven chips this week, 11 weeks post-op. Don't be too adventurous. The innards out of a jacket potato mashed with some cottage cheese or tuna is nice.

Thanks for your replys..

Im gonna have half a weetabix tomorrow really looking forward to it.

:)

Hi,

I had half a weetabix this morning and it has gone down lovely wohooooo

Porridge is nice too if you like that. xxxx

Back