• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

excess skin

princesszippie

For those that have had the op and been successful, what happens to the excess skin? I have a bout 6 stone to loose and can not imagine what I will look like if I go ahead with this

I know what you mean i'v worried about this too , but i decided one step at a time i need to start to lose the weight first , i was advised to step up my walking as it will help tighten the skin as i lose weight , but its very early days for me so we will see, i'm sure some of the more experienced losers will be along to share their experiences soon .

A few people are lucky and their skin will shrink back to fit their new smaller bodies.

I think most of us though, due to the large amounts we need to lose, and how quick the loss is will end up with excess skin. Many look to surgery to remove it, and unfortunately it seems theres not much you can do to prevent it.

I was really worried about the excess skin.

As I've lost of course I have excess skin but it seems to have shrunk back a bit as I've shrunk.

I had an awful tummy overhang but it's bearable now and a wrinkly tum. My thighs and calves are wrinkly too and my boobs are like empty sacs and have to be placed in my bra rather than just pulling my bra on.

I was worried about a hang dog face and if anything that's what I'm most bothered about - however I'm not a vain person - I never wear make-up so don't look at it too often!! lol

HOWEVER - I would never have worried about the excess skin - in fact my mum-in-law says I don't look too bad with clothes on!!

I love the way I am now - plastics are not an option for me I produce bad keloid scars so plastics would be too disfiguring

Hope I've helped a bit

Angela

I have now lost 9st 8lbs and have some excess skin but with clothes on you cannot tell. I have excess skin under my bust and a saggy hanging belly. There is a bit of wrinkly skin under my chin and a little at the top of my arms but the bit that bothers me most is the top, inner side of my thighs as these cannot hide when wearing a swimsuit and they look worse than someone 40 years older!

I Too! was very worried about the saggy skin bit. But at 50yrs old who doesnt. I have lots of bubble baths with a couple of drops of baby oil in there, although the oil does disintegrate the bubbles Lol. I then smother heap loads of moisteriser on me after my bath. I have recently had a holiday and felt more confident in swimwear(Bikini) than ever before. I know I still look chunky in swimwear (chunky sounds better than fat) but I felt good at the time LOl Gail x

I have lost 4 stone & have a little excess skin but its wrinkly more than anything else... a little at the top of my thights, my belly apron & top of my arms. However, compared to the layers of fat I had before, its nothing!

The best way to think of it is that most people don't see you without clothes on. I am sad that I won't be able to wear little sleeveless or strap tops - but I haven't worn them for the last 10 years, so its not really going to make a massive difference.

Like Gail Michelle, I am "chunky" in a swimsuit - but compared to before, the confidence is amazing...

I think we all worry about it, & its sadly a bi-product of surgery, but the benefits compared to the "before" life make me feel alot better...

Back