• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel very odd pls help?

triedeverything

I went to the doc's this morning as my knee injury has flared back up again.. I have been in agony with my knee and having problem walking today. One of the reasons I got this surgery was because of my knee aswell as wanting to lose weight generally.

Anyway I saw a really unpleasant doctor who I've never seen before at my surgery, she was brusque and rude and told me I had only 10 minutes so get on with it. I rushed through saying my knee was really hurting and that I'd just had surgery and please can she also look at my incisions. She got cross and told me that I should have booked 2 appointments for two things and to tell her which was most important. I said at this point my knee is why I'm here as I can barely walk and it is very swollen. She examined it and said it is probably degenerative due to my weight and losing weight will help but gave me an x-ray appointment. She then gave me a prescription for Co-codoamol effervescent tablets to take 2 four times a day.

I've just got home and taken my first 2 and I've come across feeling very head swimmy and faint and really strange like I'm going to pass out. I'm now sat down on the sofa typing this feeling odd. I didn't have time for food before my appointment, do you think that's why I feel odd?

Co-codamol is quite a strong pain killer, so it is probably a combination of no food, strong pain killers, being not long post op, stress of the appointment (by the sounds of it) all put in together.

Sit down, relax, take steady sips of a drink, and hopefully it should pass. Before you take your next lot, make sure you have eaten/ drunk something.

Leila x

Thank you Leila.. I think you are right.. what a numpty! I'm going to make a cup of tea and sip it slowly and hope it passes, pretty stressful and not a very nice doctor, I don't want to see her again. thank you so much x

Try and make sure you don't see her again! GP's are really pressured to meet their guidelines of 10 minute slots, but there was no need to be as rude as it sounds she would.

Fingers crossed you start feeling better soon :eek:)

Leila x

Hi.....firstly, there's no excuse for bad manners, no matter who you are... Gp or not !! Co-codamol are very strong and will make you feel pretty drowsy and a bit sickly.id have made a complaint on my way out!!!

Hope you feel better triedeverything... What a rude GP!

I too would ask to make a complaint you dont need rudeness. If she's having a busy stressful day thats not ur fault hun. Hope ur feeling better soon x

hi hun it will be the codine in the tablets some people feel unwell with it just try and have a lie down and it should wear off soon,after u have taken it a few times it should get less and less but if not u might have to ask for differant pain killers an anti inflamitory would be best like diclofenac, hope u feel better soon and i would put a complaint in x

You might be allergic to the codeine in co-codamol. This is quite common. If it happens again you need to ask for an alternative. However, it is rather stong and can make you feel a bit off like that until you get used to them.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

I've been prescribed 2 x 30mg effervescent soluble co-codomol 4 times a day! To be honest I haven't taken any more since this morning after they made me feel so strange. I'm still feeling sick after eating a little bit too much mushed up cauliflower cheese, I was hungry and had a spoonful too much, now feel really sick. Not my day today is it!
As for the painkillers, I suppose I better take the co-codomol but I'm really surprised she didn't prescribe me anti-inflammatories as my knee is very swollen. I wonder if I've been wrongly prescribed?

My understanding is that as anti-inflammatory drugs irritate the stomach, they are to be avoided in bariatric patients, hence the co-codamol.

Hope you feel better soon,

Leila x

I've been prescribed 2 x 30mg effervescent soluble co-codomol 4 times a day! To be honest I haven't taken any more since this morning after they made me feel so strange. I'm still feeling sick after eating a little bit too much mushed up cauliflower cheese, I was hungry and had a spoonful too much, now feel really sick. Not my day today is it!
As for the painkillers, I suppose I better take the co-codomol but I'm really surprised she didn't prescribe me anti-inflammatories as my knee is very swollen. I wonder if I've been wrongly prescribed?

60mg of codeine in one dose is quite a lot. Try one soluable tab next time if you get pain :)

Thank you everyone, I've got to think about what to do. My knee just 'goes' every now and then and when it does it swells up and I can hardly walk on it. I thought I'd ripped a muscle when it started back in February when I overdid it at a Rosemary Conley class (tryin to lose weight).

Now I need to determine whether the knee injury will go away after I lose weight OR whether the injury is so bad that I will need an operation on it. So I'm off to an x-ray monday to see what that shows. It's miserable being immobile I know that much, and really bad news for my band if I can't move around. So fed up, just when my surgery recovery was going well, my knee puts me back into patient mode again.

Back