• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feelin a bit lost

jayniemac

Hey everyone,

So i will be 4 weeks post op this coming friday. Im on soft food but Ive been advised that from friday i can commence a normal diet. I was never advised anything about it being particularly high in protein or anything.

Anyway, im feeling really tired, i know ive been doing crap this week...ive been having biscuits and tea and snacking rather than having meals. I'm so frustrated with myself. I let myself get into a bad pattern because it goes down easily, and ive gotten a bit hung up on the fear of getting stuck.

Im actually kind of afraid of starting to eat properly this friday. I would love to hear suggestions of meals or tricks that have worked for people. I have my first fill this thursday.

Also, im in an awful lot of port pain today to the point that its making me feel nauseous. I think its from lifting the baby around so much. Its always been sore but its particularly bad at the moment. I would like to start exercising but not if its going to leave me in this pain. I assume it will ease off if i rest?

Sorry for sounding like a misery guts!!

Hi

Its not very likely you will have the fill on the Thursday then go onto proper food the day after.

Usually after a fill its back to liquids then sloppies at least for a day each, for me its 3 days of each.

Ask when you are the clinic for some dietry advice and if you should indeed be moving onto solid food the day after your fill.

For some tips on what to eat when you move on have a look at this post I created a while back.

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders-recipes/133942-some-tips.html

Keep posting x

Hey, i'm getting my fill done on thursday too, we have the same surgeon. Is your fill in London too?

Can't really advice on the other stuff but i did go through the whole eating biscuits and snacking thing too. It has definately eased off now and i find myself eating 3 proper meals a day now.

Why not post on the banders daily food and exercise thread? It might help you to keep track (and account) for what you are eating.

Hope you feel better soon. The band takes a lot of work (as does any wls tool) but it is worth the effort. Neen, Mazza and BlueDiamond are shining examples of how effective it can be. Don't give up.

tranquil x

Back