• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling down

kate_86

I had my op on thursday and came home on saturday, all I want to do is cry I don't fancy eating anything i'm having to force myself to eat and drink also everything tastes horrible and i feel so bloated. I no it will be worth it in the end but I just want to feel normal again. Did any1 else feel like this or is it just me? :cry:

Awww Kate... I am pre op... but I am feeling for you.
After every operation in my life, I have had this type of feeling... it's very early days and as the days pass and you rest, I am sure you will start to feel stronger and more comfortable.

I am sure some of the post opers will be along very soon to help you... and just sending a huge hug your way to help make you feel better....

Keep in touch and look forward so much to hearing all of the progress that will be yours before much longer and travelling alongside you on your journey...

Love and hugs (take good care and get your rest)

xxx

Lots of people feel like that you have just gone through major changes , you will get there every day will improve and you will become stronger and things will settle x dont be too hard on yourself take it easy and it will work its self out x

Sorry I cant help as Im pre-op but just wanted to give you a big (hug) and say I hope you feel better soon X

I had my op on thursday and came home on saturday, all I want to do is cry I don't fancy eating anything i'm having to force myself to eat and drink also everything tastes horrible and i feel so bloated. I no it will be worth it in the end but I just want to feel normal again. Did any1 else feel like this or is it just me? :cry:

Hi sweety. I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. It really is horrible...and just how I was feeling a week ago.

Take heart. I am now just 13 days post-op and honestly I felt SO rubbish this time last week, I did wonder what earth I'd done.

This week, I've just been out for lunch with a mate (soup yum!) the swelling is already down, my jeans which I haven't been able to wear for well over a year now feel really comfy and fit better than they ever have.......and people have ALREADY begun to comment that my weight loss is apparent!
And I haven't even been weighed yet!

So please feel reassured. Every day things get a bit better. Try Baxters Consomme soup, it's really nice and very thin and easy to get down. I think it was the first thing I managed to actually enjoy.
I also found warm drinks better than cold, eg warm NAS squashes, Bovril etc, milky coffee, Options made with milk.

I am just STARTING to feel normal but really 13 days isn't so long, is it?

Sending warm and healing hugs too xxxxx

hun im 5 weeks post op, what you are feeling is so normal , i went through the what have i done, this is such a big mistake, it does get easier ,but even after 5 weeks i still have the odd day where i feel low, but thats due to the hormones you are losing from the fat that is going. it does make you feel good when people start saying how good your looking .even though i cant see the difference myself untill i look at photos of me be4, keep your chin up hun, it will get better with every passing day . the swelling will go down within 2 weeks xxx

Back