• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First check up

Paula1975

When do you expect to have your first check up after surgery? I got a letter yesterday for February, 6 months after mine

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi. I had mine two weeks after surgery, then the next was scheduled four weeks thereafter but they brought that forward two weeks early at my request. It went well and they have booked my next one with the surgeon on the 28th August.
I had my follow up appt with DIETICIANS a month after surgery. The next scheduled for six weeks thereafter. However, I speak with them nearly every week. February sounds far away. Did they give you a reason. Is it an error at their end? Hope this helps. X

It's funny how different hospitals do different things. I saw my surgeon 6 weeks after surgery, I was with him less than 5 mins. I never speak to my team, I tried ringing once and was told unless it was an emergency they didn't have time. A tad disappointed in that but I have an appointment in September. I'm hoping I will get a chance to speak to a dietician then. Feb seems a bit far off to me too but if you've actually got access to talk to them maybe it is ok? I think what happens depends on the hospital too but I'm assuming that they will weigh you, and chat about how things are going etc :) x

Hi

I had my bypass on the 9th august and I got my letter for my follow up appointment 3 days ago and it is for the 27th september, so six weeks. It is so varied depending on what hospital you are with it seems..

spoke to surgeon sec today, and she said pct have said 6 months is normal for first check up, so i guess every pct is different

Back