• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fluid Intake

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
So just 2 weeks out of a bypass now, and feeling great, but I am seeing others say they are struggling with fluids and was just wondering.

I am drinking 2L NAS a day no problem and about 3 cups of coffee.

Do you think this is too much?

I seem to be going to the toilet more often so I think its going straight through.

Just a little concerned, because I haven't struggled with any drinks or food yet.

Am I the odd one out?

i'm 5 days post bypass, feel like i've been hit by a train and feel sick everytime i drink. I'd say just enjoy how well you feel and it's sounds like you're doing brill x

xxsarahxx said:
i'm 5 days post bypass, feel like i've been hit by a train and feel sick everytime i drink. I'd say just enjoy how well you feel and it's sounds like you're doing brill x

Hi Sarah so had it done then are still in hospital hope you feel better soon

Hope i didn't come across as a whingy woo lol...you're doing great, just keep doing what you are doing x

the first week was horrid! but now its flying over. 4 weeks today, not been sick once, can drink same as you peterborough guy. had scrambled egg today was lovely.... just the one nd had no problems, no problems with tuna either so im delighted!.

well done everyone aswell.... should have done this years ago!

Sorry to hear your not feeling too well Sarah, I sure this is just a small blip and you feel better soon...Keep smiling!

Well done the rest of you ..I hope my recovery goes as well :)

Sarah I was feeling exactly the same as you it does get easier.. X
I'm not drinking near as much as I should I am trying tho.. Good for you managing all that x

So just 2 weeks out of a bypass now, and feeling great, but I am seeing others say they are struggling with fluids and was just wondering.

I am drinking 2L NAS a day no problem and about 3 cups of coffee.

Do you think this is too much?

I seem to be going to the toilet more often so I think its going straight through.

Just a little concerned, because I haven't struggled with any drinks or food yet.

Am I the odd one out?

So you're worried that you're not having a problem getting enough fluid in, or with the food you've tried!!! :sigh:

No Karl, my worry is am I putting too much in.

Well the kidneys of a healthy adult can process about 15 litres of fluid per day so unless you are drinking huge amounts of fluid in one go you should be ok.

U r doing well pg and I don't seem to struggle with anything either never been sick etc all goes down well after chewing loads that is ! And Sarah I know how u feel I was so out of sorts for about 4 weeks ! It's early days just take day at a time and rest lots the fluids will go down smoother so just relax and good luck :D x x

Back