• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Friends changed?

Kaitmoussa

So I had surgery last tuesday and I have two close friends that I talk to on a daily basis. Well maybe its just me but it seems like since I had surgery I don't talk to neither one of them as much. My hubby said they r probably a lil jealous that they know I am going to get"skinny" & they will prob stay the same, but I don't wanna just come out and ask but its just so weird how much they chanced in the last three days. I know I don't plan on changing so hopefully they don't either.

Hi I got a friend like that I had my surgery 6 months ago and she has made no attempt to contact me I'm just gonna let her get on with it that's her stuff not mine xxx

ive said this on another post to someone "everyone likes a fat friend"...your no longer gona be that person......shows what you actually meant to them.......hope you manage to find friends that are with you literally through "thick and thin"!!!!

It is still early days, they may think they don't want to bother you in case you are resting, or something.

On the other foot my friend had surgery 18 months ago, and I admit I was so jealous seeing her shrink. We are still brilliant friends, but it tore me up, thinking I would be the biggest one left. I can still vividly remember seeing her from the back and exclaiming "Your Tiny!"

The feeling did pass, but at first it was very hard. Maybe talking to them about it is the best thing, they may say nothing is wrong, but you are obviously unhappy with how things are at the moment. Trisha

HUGS. I saw my best friend tonight for the first time since my op 2.5wks ago. The first thing her daughter said was "well it didn't work did it? you are still fat!" My friend then got the scales out to see if she still weighed less than me... go figure her problem not mine.

Hopefully your friends will come round in time. x

It could well be you are just reading too much into it. You've just had a major surgery and they are letting you rest. They figure you will be getting lots of calls from family etc enquiring after your health so they don't want to disturb you any more.

Why not give them a ring and see how their day is going?

Don't write them off till you know for sure xxx

HUGS. I saw my best friend tonight for the first time since my op 2.5wks ago. The first thing her daughter said was "well it didn't work did it? you are still fat!" My friend then got the scales out to see if she still weighed less than me... go figure her problem not mine.

Hopefully your friends will come round in time. x

Don't you just love kids? :rolleyes: Little so n so's.

unfortunately this seems to be common my brother and his wife who i use to spend a lot of time with, his wife being one of my closest friends, now only speak to me when they need something. I know they are jealous and there isn't anything i can do about it until they change there way of thinking im still the same person just not as heavy as i use to be.

Just remember your still a great person and don't deserve to be treated like this xxx

Thanks vonny, I'm not going to let it get to me but I talk to one who I've known for 15 years and remember I just had the surgery four days ago and the first thing she sd was "so are you skinny yet". I was shocked and she was my biggest supporter.

But thanks everyone for the comments. I know I will always be the same person whether they realize it or not.

You basically will be the same people with the same values in life,but you WILL have more confidence and want to do more,wear nice clothes,meet new people.They might feel threatened,but as others say you wont know till you ask!

I would like to think that they are just letting you rest, this is a worry of mine also, in fact i did say to my friend before my surgery that I hoped she would not be replacing me if i lost weight, and she joked about finding a new fat friend, she is also overweight, but i would like to think our relationship is based on more than two fatties together. only time will tell but i really hope our friendship withstands my weightloss, good luck for the future what ever happens

Back