• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting a bit concerned with my appetite

deepblue

I am really getting my knickers in a twist over the last couple of days my appetite has shot up and I feel no restriction when I eat I am trying to keep going with my healthy eating but its hard because I am starting to feel hunger again I even managed a full baggel and low fat cheese for breakfast when just last week I could not even manage half a slice of burgen bread.

I also have a thirst all the time I just want to drink I thought it might be something to do with the fact I am diabetic but my sugar is fine

Its realy getting to me as the fear is I have gone through everything with the gastric bypass just to go back to being the same as before

Please tell me this is normal and I will stop wanting to eat again.

Also I have now got myself worried I might have streached the pouch because I went straight onto solids after the liquid stage as the mushy food made me sick

Hi there, I have my days too.. I'm also diabetic.. and I have had to restrict my shopping list and instead I have ready prepared soups and snacks in my fridge. Plus I chew low sugar chewing gum... I also post on here a lot to help my mind to turn off food. Hope you get some supportive recommendations and help very soon, I am certain that you will.

With much love, Bev xxx

I'm so sorry, I didn't realise your were post op... I'm sure someone who is a diabetic post op will be along shortly to help you... forgive me... I am not feeling myself today and hadn't read everything thoroughly, I'm thinking of you anyway and take care xxx

Hiya, can I just clarify, have you had bypass or band as your profile says band? x

Hi there i'm not diabetic but just wanted to say its very unlikely that you have stretched your pouch at this early stage. You will be healing internally now and its quite normal to get days when you feel hungry and can eat more. That said one of the difficulties early is on is working out what is "head hunger" and what is geniune hunger. Thirst can be mistaken for hunger but if you are drinking lots its prob hunger. I'm not sure what surgery you have had as you mention bypass but your profile says band, this is based on a bypass. Can i also just mention i se you are in Livingston, we are having our 1st Scottish wls meet in Stirling on Saturday if you would be interested in coming along xx

If you are genuinely concerned about your pouch size then google for the cottage cheese pouch size test, which will confirm exactly how much your pouch holds.

A bagel, I presume white, will rapidly break down in your pouch, especially if chewed well. If you had the same quantity of protein I doubt you would be able to manage it.

Deepblue, do not worry i have days when i worry i've eaten half the city! However as Shel says if it was protein it wouldn't happen.. Yesterday i went for carvery and after a sliver or two of meat and a tiny bit of veg i was stuffed, yet at lunch today i nearly finished a whole sandwich, i only left about a third... If it had been meat n salad no bread i'd have struggled....

Get yourself to the first Scottish meet and get some good support in your home town xx

Hi everyone thanks for the answers it is the bypass I have had just noticed it says band in my profile will get it sorted lol I wont be able to make the meeting in stirling but I hope it goes well and if you give me the date for the next one I will come along

Good for you deepblue. I go to a local support group and even though i have this site which has proved priceless it's nice to sit and have a cuppa with people who've had the surgery. Also Mrs Deepblue might enjoy it too.

Allie? Are people's partners encouraged along too if they want too? I know pre op i was glad for my Trev there as a back up to remember stuff and also raise concerns xx

Julie thats a great point thanks for reminding me. The more the merrier as far as i'm concerned. I know what you mean partners have their own concerns and questions. I'm hoping at this meet we can look at interest in setting up an official support group, i know my bariatric team are happy to come up and do a talk. This is something i really want to do and give back some of the lovely support that i have recieved along the way xx

Back