• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had to share

julia in bath

i'm 7 days post op and am sitting here eating a small portion of tinned beef caserole! it's bloody gorgeous, tbh before surgery (having been a chef for 12 years) i'd never eat tinned, it's nothing compared to home made is it? but right now it's like the best thing i've ever eaten. lol.
Post op i've been feeling a bit crap, wind pain has been really nasty and after 7 days of yoghurt and 4 of fluids i just needed to eat something it was really getting me down.
Today i feel much better, although i still have sharp pains from wond its not constant and to be able to eat something is bliss!
Hope this helps preoppers to know what to expect xxxx
I'm 17lbs down (including weight lost during yog diet)

:yuk: to the tinned meat, I couldn't put it past my lips, I imagine it would be like dog food!!

I cant believe you are allowed to eat meat 7 days post op!!
Why not make yourself some homemade cottage pie, cut it up into small portions and freeze them so you always have them, have it with lots of gravy so it will go down easy, that would be much nicer than tinned meat!!

Good woman on the weight loss, thats brilliant x

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Sorry to hear you are still in a degree of pain and i hope you feel better soon. I had to smile when you talk about tinned beef being gorgeous i've just tried some scrambled egg( 1st remotely solid food) and it was almost as good as chocolate lol and i'm not keen on eggs! I hope you manage to disperse that wind soon. xx

really its not bad at all, thought it might be like dogfood but its really not. i'm not cooking atm, taking it easy lol but OH is on an ASDA run and he'll have his pinny on later

really its not bad at all, thought it might be like dogfood but its really not. i'm not cooking atm, taking it easy lol but OH is on an ASDA run and he'll have his pinny on later

I'll take your word for it hun!! Get your O/H to make a few different things so you can keep them in the freezer and defrost them when you get up in the mornings, its dead handy...cottage pie, chilli, spag bol etc

As for the wind, keep moving about, it crucified me the 1st week it was bloody awful , never experienced anything like it, deflatine was good and gripe water like Margaret said works great x

ive tried gripe water and even though the pains been bad i really couldnt handle the gripe water it miiiiiinging!! poor babies.

by the way the casseroles gone down fine, ate it slowly (20 mins to eat half a tin) chewed like hell. no pain no worries what so ever. i'm so chuffed.

As soon as you feel confident, try not to have meats in sauces, as this is counted as a slider food.

And the sauces contain many hidden calories.

;););)

Well done on ya weight loss- As for tinned meat i'd rather eat the tin!! why not go to the butcher and buy some extra lean mince so much nicer.......Good luck on your weight loss journey

As soon as you feel confident, try not to have meats in sauces, as this is counted as a slider food.

And the sauces contain many hidden calories.

;););)

oh dear, really? this is going to be harder than i thought. if i cant have roast meat and cant have meat in sauce what meat can i have?
i'll be making all the sauces myself so the calories will be ok but if they are slider foods obviously they are out.
had a small jacket pot, minus skin with prawns and low cal mayo for dinner. no probs eating it but obviously there was no veg there. then had chicken tikka no rice for supper.

Back