• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair in despair....help!

angie790

I know most of us ladies have problems with our hair post-op...mine has been falling out for the last 3 months or so, (even before my op as I was on such a strict diet)....but the main problem is my hair in now so dull, dry and wretched, it feels horrible. Any recommendations for a tried & tested, effective deep conditioning shampoo/conditioning product that will put some life back into my lifeless, hideous locks please?

hi angie.
good timing with this post as Im the same at the minute.
And was wondering what I can do..mine is falling out more.
Ive booked an appointment at hairdressers as Ive got bad roots showing,it needs cutting etc..

Oh lordy, my daughter used one a few years ago as her hair was really damaged from colouring it but I cant remember what it was called.....doh!! I will ask her tomorrow........if I remember lol........Ive had a stroke you know! ( thats my excuse for forgetting anything ;) ) :D XX

Im having a similar problem Angie but i used the elvive mens thickening shampoo and its seems thicker.
I do like the Elvive hair range though, but i dont have a favourite i use anything i like the look of really.
I hope you find something that works for you xxxx

I was considering buying that when Bev recommended it, but it's not really a 'thickness' problem....in fact my hair feels like a wig at the minute, it's so coarse-feeling.....lovely, I'm painting a great picture here aren't I?!!!!! xxx

Hi I've had the same problem. I have had my hair cut short. I have been using a mixture of olive oil, rosemary oil, t tree oil and lavendar. I mix 3 drops of each essential oil into the olive oil and warm it (microwave, or put container in hot water). I then part my hair and oil the scalp and the hair with the oil. After this I put a shower cap/plastic cap on my head, wrap in a towel and leave for at least an hour. If I can be bothered I have been known to tie the the cap on with a scarf and sleep in it. Afterwards I wash it off with shampoo and use a good conditioner on it. Sometimes I just use Aveda conditioner and shampoo for damaged hair. Hope this is helpful.

Rebirth xx

Oh lordy, my daughter used one a few years ago as her hair was really damaged from colouring it but I cant remember what it was called.....doh!! I will ask her tomorrow........if I remember lol........Ive had a stroke you know! ( thats my excuse for forgetting anything ;) ) :D XX

Cheers DC, whenever you get the chance....I just blame early on-set dementia on my p*ss-poor memory....

Hi I've had the same problem. I have had my hair cut short. I have been using a mixture of olive oil, rosemary oil, t tree oil and lavendar. I mix 3 drops of each essential oil into the olive oil and warm it (microwave, or put container in hot water). I then part my hair and oil the scalp and the hair with the oil. After this I put a shower cap/plastic cap on my head, wrap in a towel and leave for at least an hour. If I can be bothered I have been known to tie the the cap on with a scarf and sleep in it. Afterwards I wash it off with shampoo and use a good conditioner on it. Sometimes I just use Aveda conditioner and shampoo for damaged hair. Hope this is helpful.

Rebirth xx

That is great thank you, I think I'll give that a go at the weekend when I can leave it in for longer..it'll either work wonders or all my hair will fall out & I'll have to buy a funky wig!!!!

I been colouring my hair for nearly 22 years ( I started going grey @ 18 ) and my hair is in lovely shape and I use dove ( the reddish/maroony coloured one(intense therapy), I use the shampoo and conditioner one and I always get commented on how shiney/smooth and good condition it is in, so I dont use nothing else. :)

I love the Aussie Magic range (about £4.99 for the shampoo) and similar price for their intensive conditioner. I also use John Freida 'frizz ease' which is a little bizarre as I have hair that is as straight as a stair rod naturally. After I have dried my hair I put a tiny bit on my hands, rub them together and then smooth over the ends. Result is super soft and shiny hair which is not bad as I have coloured my hair since age 21 when I went grey!! (everyone thinks I am a natural blonde . . if only they knew!!!!)

Try biotin you can by it at wal mart for 3 dollars and its a supplement to help with hair , nails and skin! Works great I love it.

Back