• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Heartburn, Indigestion and Reflux on Pre-Op Diet

PinkyButtonz

I'll be starting the pre-op diet on Monday the 28th Oct.

I currently take Lansoprazole.

I suffer with all of the above, just wanted to know how anyone else has handled these while on pre-op diet.

Hi pinky

didnt wanna read and run , good luck for the pre op diet. xxMeJuliexx

Oh gosh Pinky, I hadn't even thought about that, Im on esomaprazole 40 mg a day. my body pumps huge amounts of acid throughout the day without them whether I eat or not. When do you have to stop taking the lansaprazole? I was supposed to stop taking them 7 days before I had the acid teste once but it was so so severe I ended up stopping them just 24 hrs before the test and the result still came back as off the scale.

I am STILL trying to get through to find out the date, getting a tad cross with them tbh, I have been the epitomy of patience for the past 18 months, not too impressed with the lack of information coming from them. If as they told me the op is in the next 4 weeks surely they should be giving me some sort of guidance without me having to chase round after them. It's like we don't have to make arrangements, or my hubby to book time off of work etc.

Anyway, I hope someone is along soon with some advice re the acid :)

Xx

Oh gosh Pinky, I hadn't even thought about that, Im on esomaprazole 40 mg a day. my body pumps huge amounts of acid throughout the day without them whether I eat or not. When do you have to stop taking the lansaprazole? I was supposed to stop taking them 7 days before I had the acid teste once but it was so so severe I ended up stopping them just 24 hrs before the test and the result still came back as off the scale.

I am STILL trying to get through to find out the date, getting a tad cross with them tbh, I have been the epitomy of patience for the past 18 months, not too impressed with the lack of information coming from them. If as they told me the op is in the next 4 weeks surely they should be giving me some sort of guidance without me having to chase round after them. It's like we don't have to make arrangements, or my hubby to book time off of work etc.

Anyway, I hope someone is along soon with some advice re the acid :)

Xx

I've not been told to stop any of my meds. Though I do usually stop the aspirin a week before when I've had op's in the past.
I'm going to give them a ring and see what they say.

You will need to keep taking the lansoprazole during the diet.

I don't take any antacids but I was told to take omeprazole the night before and the morning of the op as a precaution, as the last thing they want is loads of acid reflux when you are under, it can cause complications. I was also told to continue taking it straight after the op too.

Rx

I take fastab once a day and have done since a month before my op and have suffered with no acid what so ever

i took that up to night before surgery but then was told after was a no no due to size of tablet. best speak to your team. on a plus i havent needed them since ive lost weight which is fab.

i took that up to night before surgery but then was told after was a no no due to size of tablet. best speak to your team. on a plus i havent needed them since ive lost weight which is fab.

Thanks I will check with them. I'm in my 40's and have had acid reflux since I was 5 yrs old or younger and I wasnt big child. I have always suffered badly with it regardless of my size :(

Did they let you know yet Pinky? I have to stop taking aspirin and clopidogrel which are both blood thinners a week before.

Ooh btw, Pinky.Are you on Plaquenil? if so have they told you anything about getting it in liquid form? I'm not sure what we are supposed to do about that.

xx

hi i took lansorazole pre op and during pre op diet right up untill the day b4 surgery. Post op you get given fast tab which is same but melts on tounge they gave me a months supply to come out with. GP will prescribe more if needed.
Good luck:D

Did they let you know yet Pinky? I have to stop taking aspirin and clopidogrel which are both blood thinners a week before.

Ooh btw, Pinky.Are you on Plaquenil? if so have they told you anything about getting it in liquid form? I'm not sure what we are supposed to do about that.

xx

Didn't get round to phoning them, but I expect they will tell me to stop aspirin that the norm when I've had op's in the past.

No not on Plaquenil. I had a bad reaction to it few years back, after being on it for years. Not that I ever thought it was helping the Lupus.

List of my meds below

Metformin
Lansoprazol
Azathioprine
Amlodipine
Ramipril
Prednisolone
Aspirin
Alendronic Acid
Simvastatin

I think a lot of question will be answered at pre-admission.

Back