• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help?

new-me2013

Hi, I had my band on Tuesday (4th of June) so far going well. I was wondering that if I feel ready could I co on to sloppy foods on week 2? I have been eating yogurts fine and was told I shouldn't have them until week 2 anyway.

It depends what you have been told. I am just over a week out of surgery and I am eating crunchy things. My team told me just to listen to your body. I should still be on liquids but I have been checked out and everything is ok. Don';t just take my word for it though. I would phone your team to check first. xx

Ok thanks. I feel like I will be fine, I'm going to have some jelly and add things as I go along. What kind of things are you eating? X

Crackers, crispbreads, cheese, slow cooked stews and casseroles with mash.

id move onto something like mashed banana and strawberrys , jacket potatoe but not the skin banders i was told shouldnt eat skin and it always got stuck , beans squishe up a bit

Hi, I had my band on Tuesday (4th of June) so far going well. I was wondering that if I feel ready could I co on to sloppy foods on week 2? I have been eating yogurts fine and was told I shouldn't have them until week 2 anyway.

If you were told you shouldn't be eating yoghurt s until week two why have you? You should listen to your provider and follow whatever regime they tell you.in my case it was 2 weeks liquid, two weeks puréed, then onto soft foods, but it does vary from provider to provider so simply follow your provider's rules.

The hospital where I had my band done said I can have yogurt and that's what they have me while I was there. But 2 days later I was asking a nurse who called to see how I was doing said I shouldn't have it until my second week but said if I am fine with it then carry on as I am obviously taking it ok.

Like the others have said - speak to your provider.

I was initially told liquid for 2 weeks, but I started to get hunger pangs, so I called them and they told me I could move onto sloppy food after 1 week instead of 2 - but that's just me - call your provider and check - that's what they are there for :)

Justine x

What kind of cheese low fat? Sorry for all the questions lol any other ideas?

I no longer use low fat anything apart from skimmed milk because I prefer the taste compared to semi-skimmed and full-fat. I eat so little I don't deny myself anything. Again, that's just me and it works for me. My dietician told me not to diet anymore.

Back