• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all, newb question

Azazel

Hello everyone, hoping this post will go through as my last few keep getting held up or something.

I've been approved for my surgery and funding at Homerton but just wondering what the typical wait time is after funding has been granted?

Many thanks!

Well depends what their lists are like hopefully someone who has had an op there will be able to give you some indication, good luck on your weight loss journey. Someone will post back soon xx

Hi Hun,

I'm in a different area to you but wanted to say Hi and Welcome. Someone will be along soon to answer your question I am sure.

X

Thanks, it's been so weird though. I remember going to my GP last summer hoping for help and he actually talked me into getting the band and referred me.

I ended up having an appointment in September where I met with the dietician, surgeon and did a group thing and was told I'd be getting the Gastric Bypass and the surgeon said within 4-6 months.

Well, 6 months just passed and I just went back there a few weeks back for some kind of group thing and was told that I had the funding but still clueless about the time. My GP as great as he is, is clueless about the time as well. Wish I had the money to bribe someone lol

where I live its a 18 month process from start to op but it depends on the hospital, and some are lucky one youg girl when i was in had only waited 5 months got a cancellaion xx

:welcome:

Back