• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Another Newbie

Chokepoint

Hi everybody,

Just to introduce myself, I live in UK, I am about to move from Tier 3 to 4 in terms of some of our referral guidelines (it pretty much depends on the area of the country you live in though as to how long the journey takes)

I had active treatment (chemo and radiotherapy) for Breast Cancer 3 years ago and was wondering if anybody here has gone successfully on from cancer to having Sleeve or bypass?

Hi Chokepoint! Welcome :) Im a newbie too, i've only been on the site a few weeks. I hope you get as much comfort and information from it as i have already! Its a really nice place to be when you're thinking of having surgery :)

Hi Chokepoint - I had brain cancer - treated with chemo and radio. I made sure that I checked with my oncologist and other consultants before I embarked on weight loss surgery. Had a few more tests than most people would have to monitor my reactions to stress, but they all agreed it was for the best. Being overweight is dangerous in the long run.

Good luck with your weight loss journey - no matter what you decide x

Welcome and well done on starting the WLS process, Lots of luck.

I haven't mentioned surgery to either of the surgeons although I did mention that I was on the Bariatric Pathway. Given they are doctors, I would assume they would know what I was intending to do and would have had some comment to make. Also the bariatric team at Salford will have access to my medical records I have been told.
I am glad I am not the only person who has gone through cancer and decided that My weight was a significant risk (in addition to other risk factors aimed in my direction) - I don't mean I'm glad other ppl had cancer, just that I'm not alone, and hopefully, not insane for wanting to do this.

Thanks for the replies!

I would tell them directly and ask if they have any issues. I emailed all my consultants just to make sure. Don't assume that left hand and right hand communicate! X

I would tell them directly and ask if they have any issues. I emailed all my consultants just to make sure. Don't assume that left hand and right hand communicate! X

Hah - if anything can be totally assured it's that left and right hand don't co-operate.

I would definitely mention it chokepoint - when there's different computer systems, hospitals, departments etc in play you really can't take for granted that they'll have the info or, if they have, read it.

Welcome to the forum :)

Hello newbie!

Back